Done buying new vinyl

Just bought a few albums recommended by a mag. Party by Aldous Harding and Beautiful Jazz by Christian Jacobs. The first has that slight buzzing distortion and dirty noise in one channel for the entire recording. The second has a two small clicks every revolution thru most of a side. The recording quality of the first varies from song to song. From very good to fair. But mostly dull with processing. The second is an AAA recording and is fair at best. Recorded too low and too muffled with flattened soundstage and dynamics. I have hundreds of 60s jazz and blues records that trounce these.
Should I send them back to Amazon?

128x128noromance
New vinyl probably suffers from various effects, some mentioned already. LPs from the advent of RIAA-curved hi-fis in the mid 50s were made of good vinyl and recorded/pressed by companies that had great experience. Things got better all the way into the early 70s, by which time vinyl began to suffer in quality due to the ’energy crisis’ and bad economy. Tape cassettes had begun to offer viable competition after Dolby (and early DBX) became available, which took more attention off of vinyl. CDs marked the end of the trail. Newbies will have their teething problems. Even CD reissues have been panned, but it has nothing to do with the medium, rather poor remastering techniques. The guys who mastered the RCA Red Seal LPs of the 50s/60s were gone and with them their expertise. This is probably the real reason for poor new pressings.

I now use nothing but digital source material. I have ordered expensive good-quality used vinyl to get precious (to me) recordings from the 50s unavailable elsewhere during the 90s. Recently I finally found what I sought on youtube. Despite its non-optimal digital format it sounds worlds better than the recording I had purchased. True whether played through my all-analog home system (made 30 years ago) via my laptop and a DAC or streamed directly through my new all-digital system (up to the power amps which, using ’class T’ Tripathi amp chips, have also been misrepresented as ’digital’ due to their switching structure) and I have no further use for even reel tapes with DBX I NR, let alone vinyl.

It has been mentioned on the thread that new digitally recorded masters pose no detriment to quality when pressed into vinyl, and I'm sure that's true. The question becomes then, why then introduce all the added processing of pressing into vinyl and replaying on a mechanical device (which mandates further analog processing)? The digital signal path in the home is far more flexible and accurate than stacking analog (or even digital) boxes with patch cords. It can all be done in software, which is why I use 2 fast computers as my entire hi-fi hardware ensemble (minus, again, the power amps and speakers of course). As an added attraction, they run at 3.2Ghz, are quad-cores and cost me $160 each refurbished. All filtering (including crossovers) is linear-phase. And I'm certain the results are superior to vinyl/analog since I've bought/built and heard both. And it's only getting better. This is where development is now concentrated.
I was buying new vinyl when I got back into listening to records again. I recently started buying used vinyl and can say I have better luck with used vinyl in regards to sound quality. I thought the newly pressed 180g and 200g would sound better. Some new vinyl sounds good but I can say the used vinyl I have been buying seems to just sound right to me. 

I buy a lot of vinyl, mostly used but some new and new reissues of old stuff. Grading inflation is pretty bad- it’s almost luck of the draw. There are a few places that are almost unimpeachable, but you pay top dollar for their copies and if it is a rare record, it’s crazy money. When I go to shows or bin dive at a store, I do my best to visually evaluate, and cleaning helps, but if the record is damaged, there isn’t much you can do.
I’ve certainly had my share of new records that were horribly made- I’m not buying audiophile stuff for the most part. Many of the records i’ve been buying lately are EU sourced and come from digital files- they are reissues of old psych/prog/proto metal- the quality has generally been good, and the sonics are better than you’d expect. I’ve also had my share of bad sounding all analog records over the years too.
I try to work with trusted vendors- but even then, some stuff slips though. Thankfully, i haven’t had much issue with returns, though those are a PITA. I hear you- but I don’t think it is a new issue or worse (except for the grade inflation and pricing, particularly on sought after old pressings). If it is a 6 dollar record, I’ll just carry on- I’ve been down the road of multiple copies, even of expensive records, before I get a keeper.
I understand the frustration. I’m too invested to quit vinyl, but have started looking at digital options for a various of reasons, not the least being price of some old records.
I can't get past the thought that with all(?) modern source material being digitally recorded/mastered, a record factory and turntable make one heck of a clunky DAC.
"all (?) modern source material being digitally recorded/mastered". The "(?)" is well-deserved. Who says "all" modern source material is digitally recorded/mastered?