why do people feel the need to buy expensive cable

I have tried expensive cables and one's moderately priced. I would say there were some differences but I can't actually say the expensive cables were better. IMHO I believe a lot of people buy expensive cables because they don't actual trust their ears and are afraid of making a mistake. They figure the expensive cables are better for the fact they cost more. If you have a difference of opinion or share the same thoughts, I would like to hear about it.
taters
My power cable (Schnerzinger 8000t) is $10,000 brand new.  Made such a difference with my system:  eargasm. I'm in a much better mood after each and every listening session.  Was it worth it? Hell yes!  Now the former owner tells me he sold only because he upgraded within the Schnerzinger family which now has me curious ...
Skylinedo. I can appreciate your first post, but I have to tell you this. I could never spend $10k on a power cable. Even if I had the cash, I could not do it.
Post removed 
dynaquest4"Build it and they will believe...cost seems never to be an issue for those with more bucks than smarts."
Once again here we see from dynaquest his seething irrepressable intolerance of those who make financial choices regarding their Music Reproduction Systems that do not comply with his rigid unflexible clearly defined and stated equation of "value." Rather than simply accept without complaint that there are those of some apparent significant financial means that can make purchases that he chooses to either not afford or that he simply cannot afford he must post here remarks meant only to demean, disrespect and embarass one can only wonder what his unending motivation for such hate is driven by probably some deep inner frustration which is regrettable for all but especially for him there is little doubt he will return with another insulting retort to my simple observation of his behavior but in truth such remarks from him have little "value" even if I apply his defintion of value to his response!  Here is his definition I wonder how he would apply it to these most recent hateful remarks of his:"the definition of value: "quality divided by price = value."