Thiel Owners

Guys-

I just scored a sweet pair of CS 2.4SE loudspeakers. Anyone else currently or previously owned this model?
Owners of the CS 2.4 or CS 2.7 are free to chime in as well. Thiel are excellent w/ both tubed or solid-state gear!

Keep me posted & Happy Listening!
jafant

I just dropped in to a new high end audio store near me that sells some wonderful products.  I sat down to listen to some music that was playing on a set of speakers and it re-enforced yet again to me how much I value the lack of boxiness, precision of imaging and the openness of the Thiel speakers.   For background listening I don't mind a speaker "sounding like a speaker."  And this speaker did have some nice tone.  But if I'm going to actually devote time sitting down in front of a pair of speakers, I have little time for that type of coloration that tells me "you are hearing the SPEAKER" rather than the artist.  That "getting out of the way" quality of Thiels is awfully addictive.
Exactly Prof and that is why I don't believe I could be happy with another speaker long term.  I would always have to a Thiel backup!
pops,

My little Thiel 02s have been my "back up" speaker since the early 90's.
Though not a CS design, they have taught me so much about what I like in a speaker.   As a reference and a source of pleasure, I could never get rid of them.
pops, if you are ever in Birmingham, Alabama then give me a call. I love my CS3.6s with my tube preamp and amp (ARC Ref 5SE, Ref 150).
Thanks for the invite Jon!  As long as you are not a Tide fan!  :>) I'll bet those 3.6's sound awesome with ARC!

3.6 is perhaps my all time favorite speaker even though I am using CS6 right now.  I switch my 3.6 in from time to time.

Prof - nice, you sound like me.  Always have a backup.  I know you have some other nice speakers in your rotation also!