Recapping your amp

I was wondering how you would know its time for a recap on your amp. Even when it sounds fine and the caps are not bulging or leaking. 
128x128Ag insider logo xs@2xtattooedtrackman
A timing belt won’t degrade your engine’s performance, before it fails(completely). The point of my references was, that(electrolytic) capacitors do. Of course: to many, "...still working...", is good enough. Do you replace your racing tires, AFTER they blow out, or- as soon as they begin to lose traction?  One's course of action, will depend on how much they value performance(different strokes...).
As with timing belt, replace before it goes. A failed power supply capacitor can blow up a speaker, and a leaking one can mess up the amplifier’s board. Before that, you will have lost some dynamics, of course.
Teo - Regarding my speaker recap, the capacitors and resistors were approved by the original desiger.  Sonic caps and mills reisistors superior to originals used in the 80's and 90's but it did change the character of the sound for the worse for me anyway.