Absolute top tier DAC for standard res Redbook CD

Hi All.

Putting together a reference level system.
My Source is predominantly standard 16/44 played from a MacMini using iTunes and Amarra. Some of my music is purchased from iTunes and the rest is ripped from standard CD's.
For my tastes in music, my high def catalogues are still limited; so Redbook 16/44 will be my primary source for quite some time.

I'm not spending DCS or MSB money. But $15-20k retail is not out of the question.

Upsampling vs non-upsampling?
USB input vs SPDIF?

All opinions welcome.

And I know I need to hear them, but getting these ultra $$$ DAC's into your house for an audition ain't easy.

Looking for musical, emotional, engaging, accurate , with great dimension. Not looking for analytical and sterile.
mattnshilp
Ok. Thankfully the moderator erased my post. It never happened. Except that we all now know that GeorgeHifi thinks I select equipment based on price and bling. Maybe I do. ;)

To move on....

Everyone NEEDS to go see The Greatest Showman. To true music lovers, it’s an emotional roller coaster. I had that lump in my throat after for almost 15 minutes. Couldn’t talk, on the boarder of laughing and crying. For those that know what I’m talking about, you get it. It was truly wonderful. Take your partner and make a special night of it!!!!
mattnshilp OPWho would buy a total piece of Schitt like that?!!

Sorry. Had to be done!! 😇

david_ten 
Matt, You may have intended it as a joke, but it does not read like a joke. I can see how the second line "Sorry, Had to be done!!" would lead one to a very different conclusion.

+1 David, I noticed his post is now removed, but it went a bit deeper than that, from way back.

Quote mattenshlip: "Hi guys. For the first time on this thread, I'm putting an end to this. No more R2R commentary and no responses. You have made your opinion very very clear. If you want to continue I encourage you to start your own thread about how awesome you think R2R is to the exclusion of all else."  

Cheers George
@david_ten 

Actually, I took it as a joke; I saw it for what it was and didn't give it a second thought. It did not appear to be an inside joke or kidney punch - just a little fun. Matt has been the OP of decorum and civility and provided a wealth of knowledge for us all to benefit from for a number of years now. I think in the spirit of all things Dac-related, we should get this massively-popular 78-page thread back on track. 
Thanks Pokey77. 

George, not sure why your waiting for a confrontation with me. It’s like your looking for one. Just waiting for me to post just the right opportunity and then pounce. I apologize if I have offended you in some way. I’m like the least offensive person on the planet. Let’s bury the hatchet and move on. 

Really looking forward to the Baetis coming tomorrow. Stay tuned. 
A prime example of how interpretation varies amongst individual readers. With a name like Schitt it is the perfect and inevitable target for word play. I believe that the company intentionally chose this name for this very purpose and expected effect.

Matt’s suggestion to George to start a thread regarding R2R DACs seems to be the logical next step given his repetitive and numerous posts on this subject. It’s apparent to me that George has very strong opinions concerning R2R conversion. This would provide an outlet for his beliefs and perspective. 
Charles