Absolute top tier DAC for standard res Redbook CD

Hi All.

Putting together a reference level system.
My Source is predominantly standard 16/44 played from a MacMini using iTunes and Amarra. Some of my music is purchased from iTunes and the rest is ripped from standard CD's.
For my tastes in music, my high def catalogues are still limited; so Redbook 16/44 will be my primary source for quite some time.

I'm not spending DCS or MSB money. But $15-20k retail is not out of the question.

Upsampling vs non-upsampling?
USB input vs SPDIF?

All opinions welcome.

And I know I need to hear them, but getting these ultra $$$ DAC's into your house for an audition ain't easy.

Looking for musical, emotional, engaging, accurate , with great dimension. Not looking for analytical and sterile.
mattnshilp
Wow GeorgeHifi, my statement was a simple joke about the word “schitt” which people have been doing forever and, I am pretty sure, the marketers of Schitt counted on to help get their name known. We all know it’s a super performer for the money; a great value and a brilliant marketing campaign. My statement was an utter and complete joke. 

Your statement, on the complete other hand, was a spiteful, intentional insult meant to belittle my entire process, my system and a direct and obvious personal insult. 

I wont justify a response.  I’ll allow the thread to continue on the previous topic without interruption. 
Matt, You may have intended it as a joke, but it does not read like a joke. I can see how the second line "Sorry, Had to be done!!" would lead one to a very different conclusion. 

Onwards to learning about DACs and your journey with them. I have to catch up on a few videos...Google's been notifying me. : )
David_Ten - I apologize if It was interpreted that way. The “it had to be done” comment meant that a joke about the name “Schitt” had to be done since no one else had made one. I have ever ever , in 4 years, insulted a product by using profanity or degrading anything or anyone. I have said I don’t like something and then explained why. 

I’m not sure how a personal insult would be justified even if I had meant what you suggest. 

Apologies to anyone who took offense at my statement. It was a joke. Not an insult. 
Matt has been nothing short of a class act from the inception of this thread... Thank you Doc for all of your time,energy, and honesty that we all have benefited from in dacdom land...
Geez . It was a play on words . The name shiit was created for the very reason the op used it .