Absolute top tier DAC for standard res Redbook CD

Hi All.

Putting together a reference level system.
My Source is predominantly standard 16/44 played from a MacMini using iTunes and Amarra. Some of my music is purchased from iTunes and the rest is ripped from standard CD's.
For my tastes in music, my high def catalogues are still limited; so Redbook 16/44 will be my primary source for quite some time.

I'm not spending DCS or MSB money. But $15-20k retail is not out of the question.

Upsampling vs non-upsampling?
USB input vs SPDIF?

All opinions welcome.

And I know I need to hear them, but getting these ultra $$$ DAC's into your house for an audition ain't easy.

Looking for musical, emotional, engaging, accurate , with great dimension. Not looking for analytical and sterile.
mattnshilp

Subscribed. Curious as whereabouts in New Jersey. We're just a couple a stone throw away from Asbury Park.

Great start and keep it up.

Wisnon. You’ve been a Lampy fan forever! I think their newer stuff (GG and forward) have the quality of production to be taken seriously. I have heard several rooms at shows with great current Lampy gear! I’m sure you get a lot of enjoyment out of your system !!
Great video's guys.  To see them and knowing you from the thread as well as our friendship, really brings it all home for me.  Thanks for making them.
I’ve been fiddling behind the scenes with some really cool isolation pucks and cylinders and such. I’ve got some more coming in and then I’ll post a report. I think these little guys are VERY equipment dependent so I’ll try to give some general guidelines as well as my specific results in my system.

Stay tuned.

Also, Dr. Dave the Audio Doctor is coming Monday to bring some usb cables and his Baetis to play. That should be super fun.
Up to 8 posted videos on my new YouTube channel. Please check them out and subscribe. It’s lots of fun to do.