A lot of hype about PS Audio, deservedly so ?

Hi, have been reading a lot about PS Audio BHK serie and their top Dac.
Do they deserve all the praise they are given, and do they hit way over their price class?

Also, how is the production quality?
gryphongryph
Do you hear any hiss from your speakers when no music is playing, or does the music come from a pitch black background as they say ?
I own a DirectStream DAC, BHK Signature 300 monoblocks, LANRover, and two P10s and a P5.  This is the real thing. They bring out the very best in a speaker’s performance. (There is no hiss, BTW.) My highest compliment:  they make the music emotionally engaging.  
Yeah, I heard someone referred to that, but it could depend on the speakers also, probably easier to hear tube hiss in speakers with high sensitivity.
Gryphongryph - I have the DMP/DSJ and other PS bits.  I am currently running the Harbeth SHL5+ speakers, but my brother has the Grahams, which I have heard in my system - and actually prefer.  I think it’s damn near a perfect match.

I’m selling my Quad 988’s, and since I’m moving and downsizing, may also sell the Harbeths and get the Grahams.

Full disclosure (if that’s the right term in this context) - my handle on PS Audio is badbeef.  I signed up for Audiogon a long time ago, so I have this stupid ‘guru’ handle here, rather than badbeef, which is sort of a pun on my name.

re: the sound signature - the DS DACs have the sound you infer.  As much detail as you could want (and if you want more or less of certain qualties, you can run different FPGA firmware) with an ease and ‘analog-ness’ to the sound which is very musical without giving up anything.

I have not heard the other brands in my system, so I can’t speak to that.

re: cost/resale, etc.  They appear to me to have one of the more liberal trade-in policies, and other discounts, as well as a 30 day trial period.  I wouldn’t buy their stuff from a dealer, personally.  I have not paid anywhere near close to retail for any of their stuff.  All manufacturers work with these sorts of margins, since the retail has to allow room for dealers to make some money.  If you buy direct from the maker, you’re potentially saving on the middle man - and which is why they can have significant sales.

Are all of their products and launches perfect?  No.  I still have the DMP, for which I was a beta tester, which still is the best-sounding and worst-funtioning piece of gear I have.  But I’m not giving it up, and a complete rewrite of the touchscreen code is (allegedly) immanent.  They will always try to make things right for their customers.