Some Questions about Plasma Screens

1) Do plasma screens suffer "burn -in" from a fixed image, specifically, the logos that every channel now places at the bottom right of the screen? I like the LG 50" plasma [780 P]. There is a more expensive model that claims to reduce the "burn-in" potential, but this model is not available at the big box stores.

2) Will brown-outs fry a plasma screen? Some kid at a big box store said it was necessary to buy a $200- power conditioner/protector to prevent a fried screen. He also claimed that this problem is NOT covered by the warranty.
fatparrot
Post removed 
Read this to answer question #1:
http://www.hometheatermag.com/advicefromtheexperts/407plasmavlcd/

Question #2:
I would definitely get a good surge protection powerbar for your flat panel.
I have no burn in issues on my 50" plasma, however, I do not leave a fixed image on it for days at a time either.

As for the second problem, my plasma did suffer from a power problem. A short (5 second) power outage wiped out the power supply board. I had it plugged into a PS Audio High Current Ultimate Oulet, which did not trip. No other power strip in my house tripped either. The tv was covered under warranty, however, it did take 10 weeks to have it repaired. :(

Cheers,
John
With the plasma TV bought just a year ago, I've got burn-in from the black pillar bars on either side of the screen. Apparently, because so many of the shows I watch are 4:3 formatted, the black bars burned in and now show up as "shadows" when I'm watching something full screen with a white or light background.