Jazz for aficionados

Jazz for aficionados

I'm going to review records in my collection, and you'll be able to decide if they're worthy of your collection. These records are what I consider "must haves" for any jazz aficionado, and would be found in their collections. I wont review any record that's not on CD, nor will I review any record if the CD is markedly inferior. Fortunately, I only found 1 case where the CD was markedly inferior to the record.

Our first album is "Moanin" by Art Blakey and The Jazz Messengers. We have Lee Morgan , trumpet; Benney Golson, tenor sax; Bobby Timmons, piano; Jymie merrit, bass; Art Blakey, drums.

The title tune "Moanin" is by Bobby Timmons, it conveys the emotion of the title like no other tune I've ever heard, even better than any words could ever convey. This music pictures a person whose down to his last nickel, and all he can do is "moan".

"Along Came Betty" is a tune by Benny Golson, it reminds me of a Betty I once knew. She was gorgeous with a jazzy personality, and she moved smooth and easy, just like this tune. Somebody find me a time machine! Maybe you knew a Betty.

While the rest of the music is just fine, those are my favorite tunes. Why don't you share your, "must have" jazz albums with us.

Enjoy the music.
orpheus10

Acman, I have "flip-floped" on that record; which is a good record, but I object to 3 versions of the same thing, one of which is not music, but spoken French, which I don't understand.

There is so much "good" music on that record, which is hard to find, that I could "flip-flop" once again, and agree with you.

Rok, I consider things of that nature to be very important, and as the OP I would also appreciate the specific reason for the deletion.
O-10,   we are on a very, very political correct internet site.   They even deleted me once.   I know that's hard to believe, but true.

Cheers
I so like it what Orpheus has recently posted on Gene Harris.

And I have gone through Alex’s Don Sleet again, sharing Frogman’s opinion on this one. Very nice.

If beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder, so does music should lie in the ears of the listener.

However, it’s always interesting to observe the way other people see ’my kind of a music’, so the beauty lies in the differences as well.

And thank you Frogman for the kind words again. Croatia is indeed pretty. But pity that Croatian people have forgotten to appreciate and nurture what they have so constant race for profit has overpowered the need of preserving the beauty. Pretty pity.

It’s raining today...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZSh11ZzvKOw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOpD8SOAJnM