Recommendations for music network player

Hi. I'm never in digital and I'm very septic. I'm using Mac mini. Any suggestions for any thinking better sounding than Mac , I do own dac , but would be great to hook up to music player cd ripping device. Thanks for response if any 
pophaudio
Thanks Bondmanp, I appreciate this thread. It helped me decide the way I wanted to stream music and play from a hard drive. BTW,  I use Tidal and the Blusound app is great. However, I can’t tell differences between CD and Masters, but it all sounds good with my setup. 

Also, I did not mention that I am saving up for my final pair of speakers. But the Vintage Celestions are pretty darn amazing and a perfect match with sensitivity and worthy of a new Cab. Oh, did I say really great sound with the Node 2...😸
I may be useful to realize that the streaming part does not have a sonic signature - bits are bits as long as the output is bitperfect. So for the streaming part the overriding concern is convenience and the availability of apps. For that reason I like the Chromecast Audio.
Sonic quality depends on the DAC. Here, the best like the Benchmark cost quite a bit, but at 16/44 sonic differences are very small. Usb is the best connection for low jitter and low noise.
You can get the Power Supply box from SOtM as well. It's $500 and plugs directly into the SMS 200 Ultra which is $1200. As for the SSD, well that's just an external hard drive that you can get anywhere that you put your music onto. People have said the SOtM sounds better than the Aurender, but I'm not making that claim, only that it's similar for $1,000 less.