Recommendations for music network player

Hi. I'm never in digital and I'm very septic. I'm using Mac mini. Any suggestions for any thinking better sounding than Mac , I do own dac , but would be great to hook up to music player cd ripping device. Thanks for response if any 
pophaudio
@pophaudio - MY DIY journey started out of necessity - like many others  I did not like the price of cables that proved to be uninspiring.

Then I got into experimenting with different geometries and it grew from there.

Net result was the Helix cables - excellent performing cables for a fraction of the cost of the big names.

lalitk recommends RCA cables for digital - as it turns out the Helix RCA can also be used for Digital and they have outperformed digital specific cables from the commercial brands I have tried.

Food for thought?

Regards - steve  

A New Node 2 owner and couldn’t be happier. DITTO to all the above. My amp is Moscode 600 Tube...pre is a Audible Illusions Modulous. 

The speakers, well they are more interesting. CSS Woofer Module designed by Jeff Bagby, matched with Continuum monitors, however, I am in the process of rebuilding the cabs of DITTON Celestion 100 monitors and matched with the module sound real nice. Regardless which monitor I use the Node 2 does a splendid job with my components that I am very happy with.

Cables in the future.....I am following your leads WW.

Thanks, Robert
woodsart - Thanks for posting.  BTW, I have heard your amp and it is one of my favorites. 
One could also check out the SOtM SMS 200 Ultra at 1/2 cost of the Aurender N100h. Only thing is, it needs a good power supply and an external SSD.