PS Audio Direct Stream Memory Player

I'm thinking of ordering the Direct Memory Player to go along with my Direct Stream Dac.
Can anyone provide there actual experience and opinions as to the value (sound quality etc,) of this player?

Thank you and a early...
Happy New Year!

ozzy
128x128ozzy
Just received the PS DS Memory Player. 

Is it save to assume like most Audio components it will take a couple of hundred hours to break in?
I was thinking of using a usb flash drive to play music continuously, or do I need a disk spinning to break it in?

ozzy
ozzy, I believe that all electronics need a break-in period however other than that I don't know the answer to your question. I was told by the US representative that repairs the MBL products that a new CD drive doesn't need any break-in time. I'll bet the Memory Player will sound really good right out of the box and will improve a bit with use. I know you already know what I just said but... ;-)
lak,

Thanks for your help. I also don’t think the laser needs break in time.

So, I think using a usb with burn in tracks on it playing continually will break in the electronics, caps etc.

It was extremely cold when I received it yesterday so I only used it a couple of hours later in the day. So, lets see how it progresses.

I also ordered a SR Blue fuse, a Bybee IQSE and a Wireworld Platinum HDMI for it. I already placed a few SR ECT’s in it already.

ozzy
I just received the SR blue fuse. 

This is probably the most profound example of a unit/fuse that needed to go in a certain direction. I first placed the fuse with the writing on it going from back to front.  Then, What???... the music sounded weird and dull. 

Reversed the direction with the fuse with the writing on the fuse now from the front of the Memory Player to the back of the unit and WALA the soundstage snapped into place.

Previously I didn't find much use in trying the blue fuses in different directions but perhaps I just got lucky. This was an eye opener for sure.

ozzy