Zerostat: Old is Gold?

I was recently in the market for a Zerostat gun.  I looked online and saw that they had moved their production from England to China.  Of course, without any reduction in price.  As I try to avoid Chinese manufacture as much as I can,  I thought I would buy a used one on ebay.  I bid on a few auctions but was surprised to see them selling for around $50 for one in decent (but hardly new) condition.  The new blue Zerostats from China are $80 and up. 

Are the old Zerostats in some way superior to the newer Chinese made that would justify the (IMO) relatively high prices being realized for the original guns?
andysf
I have a white Zerostat from I believe around 1972 which still works. I can't tell the difference between that and the newer blue one I purchased 2 years ago. When I bought a Furutech Destat, both Miltys were shelved as the Furutech works better and more evenly (at a cost $).
I wondered if anybody actually had a white one.
The one on eBay is $50 with no idea if it works or not.
I am afraid to say I bought one of the newer blue, made in China, models.
It seems to work fine for me.
@uberwaltz

Thanks.

I'm sure it could get "dramatic" if one of the units failed...

One would think it could work?

The nice part is it should be able to do multiple records at the same time.

Clean - Dry - Remove Static and into Mofi sleeves.

When/of I get around to ordering one of the fans, I'll pass the findings along.

P

Was digging thru some storage boxes recently and some old and forgotten equipment I had. Since I also recently pulled my vintage 1977 turntable out and connected it I thought this stuff might come in handy. Anyone know what vintage a white zero Stat gun is? The only markings are zeroStat anti static pistol made in england. It's been so long I forgot how to use it. Still works though as my finger will attest to. Also found a Sure stylus force gauge no clue how to use it either. Along with that some vintage cartridges. Can anyone enlighten me?