Musician vs. audiophile

We need direction here. My wife, a musician and says my Sophia 3s, powered by BAT 3VK IX tube pre amp and 250w solid state amp sounds flat compared to a freaking Best Buy box store McIntosh/Martin Logan setup...  I can't honestly disagree, specifically when our rig is at low volume.  It lacks color and punch, even with 2ea. JL 12" subs... Help me with your recommendation, please!!!      
repeter
Most people do not care that much about playback sound quality or listening as main activity so why would musicians be different? I know a few who are audiophiles and I turned a couple on to this hobby. But over all we are a just a few nuts and expecting others to discover how wonderful our hobby can be is naive at best.
Hi Frogman,
Thanks for sharing your very well presented perspective. I can surely attest to the "engrained" factor of live instruments due to frequent/chronic exposure to them. I’m a former student of the trumpet and still own trumpet and cornet. For 30 years I’ve frequently attended intimate jazz venues that present music that’s often unmiked.

Just the pure sound of various instruments filling the room. This type of exposure is very valuable (not to mention extremely enjoyable) as it does seem to train or condition the ears to immediately recognize this unadulterated sound. It sure seems to be "engrained" in my head 😊.
Charles
I never forgot my nextdoor clarinetist neighbor who was, according to the other musicians , to include Sabina Meyer, the best young player in Berlin,
spend hour after hour sucking on reeds while raising 3 kids .

+1 for Charles comment .
If subs are not correctly calibrated and integrated with a system, they will kill soundstage, warmth and dynamics.