Audio cables ,and power cords the most forgotton- part of an Audio system.

I have been in Audio for over 35 years and owned and operated a  Audio store as well as buy just from the A list ,which does not guarantee system synergy.
I have tried   inexpensive cables like blue jeans  that is fine for a entry level system. 
If you have electronics $5k and up and 5 figure Loudspeakers then to get ultimate resolution 
You have to spend some money's on cables.my last cables 2pr interconnects  and a pr of 6ft Speaker cables 
I had, Silnotes, Analysis plus  even more expensive Synergistic research.  Decent but not the realism I was after.
To get to that last5-  10% + in fine detail and resolution you have to spend. I was stubborn but really 25% for example.Of your total cost is not that much. When you see just how much refinement and fidelity 
You may be missing .My brother brought over his Verastarr power cord over to try on my digital 
Which is most sensitive,  I had a $600 Kimber power cord, his grand illusion cord made the music so much more real,there are other very good cables but these are one of the best I have ever heard without breaking the bank. . Is that worth over $1k ?  I did the same with interconnects and speaker cables 
I spent $6k  and still have s few power cords to go. One thing my system as a whole is a minimum of 10% better. And  a you are there on any decent recording.   Fine tuning with Duelund capacitors
Bypass and coupling caps are next and final step in tweaking the system and a bit over priced. and these may be equal to or better  in added tonal balance and depth. 
This just proves having the best speakers or electronics is only half the battle.
You are only as strong as your weakest link .
128x128audioman58
Myself use a 20% rule for Myself ,Is that wrong ?
These are only guide lines .I knows people who gave spent $35k on cables 
$15k on power cords alone. The Verastarr Silver alloy foils are = to a awg9 gauge
And every piece of gear just sounded music more resolved and natural noise floor included much lower. Are they worth $3k each ? If you can afford then why not 
When the rest of your system is top of the line. It is all relative  to what you have ,
Can afford ,and willing to spend . I remrmbrr Kimbers Black Pearls.
6ft Loudspeaker cable statement. -  $$ 15,000 and several were sold.
The sky is the limit in Audio.

not at all surprising to hear differences with digital cables

- USB can carry noise into the DAC and often needs galvanic isolation (with exceptions for well designed newer DACs like Benchmark)

- the switching mode power supplies in most wall warts can also put noise onto the power cord which again can reach the DAC, so use an LPS, a star-quad cable design or a choke

speaker cables can affect speakers with cones which represent complex loads

if you hear a difference with an AC power cord then you should have used an isolation transformer instead of spend big $$ on a lessor 'fix' (or balanced power supply, but they are pretty spendy)

if you hear a difference with interconnects, they you should be using a balanced design 

Yes, 10% is the bare minimum- audioman58

20% is even better for most systems. Verastarr is really gaining traction in the Cable marketplace. Is this a direct-sales business? If not, can you guys suggest a dealer/retailer?
Happy Listening!
Yes mainly direct sales , and if buying, especially more then one item 
Very hood deals can be done, and he offers a solid 30 day money back 
Satisfaction guarantee. I sent back one time a umbilical cord for my dacs external power supply .not to be undone he bought a oyside barrrl connectors and Double Copper foil leads ,shielded .Much better. Just to not be undone he takes great pride in musicality, even in power cords.

Generally I consider 10% of the cost of the two components to be connected as reasonable for the connecting cable.