Bricasti M1 DAC vs PS Audio Direct Stream DAC

I own a PS Audio Direct Stream DAC that I like a lot but heard my friends system with the Bricasti M1 and I am strongly thinking of changing my DAC and would love your feedback from other members that have heard either or both. I know they are both great but really thinking of changing my Dac from PS Audio Direct Stream to the Bricasti M1 DAC. I use a HP Desk top computer as source with Jplay and JRiver Media 19 and the outstanding Tellurium Q BLACK DIAMOND Reference USB Cable. The rest of my system is below. I listen to Classic Rock, jazz, vocal, some modern music and the usual audiophile stuff.

Thanks

My system for reference.

Ascendo C-8 Renaissance Speakers (Germany) Monitor
Purist Audio Design Corvus Praesto Revision 2.5m Bi-Wire Speaker cable
Cardas Clear Interconnect 1 Meter RCA Interconnect
Darwin TRUTH Pure Silver Reference 1 Meter RCA Interconnect
Darwin TRUTH Pure Silver Reference 1 Meter RCA Interconnect
Audio Research REFERENCE 1 w/Rhodium IEC/NOS Tubes Tube preamp
Decware ZSTAGE External Triode Output StageTelefunken ECC801S
PS Audio Direct Stream DSD DAC w/ Bridge DA converter
Tellurium Q BLACK DIAMOND Reference USB Cable
PS Audio PerfectWave PowerBase Vibration Cancelation/AC Condtioner
Conrad Johnson Premier 12 Mono's 140 Watts Tung-Sol KT120's amps
PS Audio PowerPlant Premier AC Regenerator
BMI Shark Pure Jeweler Grade Platinum AC Power Cable
Sablon Audio Petite Corona 2.0M AC Power Cable
Mad Scientist PC-NEO with Power Purifier AC Power Cable
JPS Labs The Power AC+ 2M AC Power Cable
Synergistic Research Labs Tesla Series SE T1 AC Power Cable
Synergistic Research Labs Tesla Series T1 AC Power Cable
PS Audio Noise Harvester (5) Converts noise to light
OYAIDE RI Beryllium Power Outlets (2)
Hubbell Outlet 5362/5262 Deep Cryo Process
Blue Circle Audio The Yalu Balula Industrial Surge/Spike Protection
JPLAY v5.2 hi-end audio player turns PC into a digital transport.
JRiver Media Center 19 Music Software
128x128Ag insider logo xs@2xfsmithjack
@rbstehno - The latest release of firmware for the PS Audio DS DAC is Redcloud, is that the version you're referring to as best? Assume so from most of the comments I've seen.
Sorry it is redcloud. I upgraded before going into the hospital for surgery. Too much pain killers!
Maybe so yes you those extra cables need to be good ones but my opinion is that has very little to do with the actual switch itself verse it acting as a layer of sound block in between those very noisy. Routers and WiFi units. They generate noise and hash and these super sensitive high powered audio devices pick it up especially when done via a direct link from a router with a switch mode power supply verse a quite switch with a linear power supply. It matters you don’t need to believe me but I hope the other Ethernet folks do because it’s legit. Maybe not in all systems but that Ethernet Cable is being plugged directly from a noisy router right into a Bricasti. You don’t think a level of isolation from that noise could be a benefit? This is Audiogon I get that it’s for amp, Preamp and Speaker folk (I’m one of them also) but trust me the guys over at Computer Audiophile are all over this stuff. They are Popping out the cheap and noisy .15 cent integrated regulators in the routers and replacing with premium parts that are much quieter ones. Running them with batteries.

Ethernet today is kind of like where USB was about 3 / 4 years ago when we use to plug USB cables directly from Mac mini’s or PC towers right into our DAC and we improved this sound by buying $1,000 usb cables. Would anyone even think of doing that today?Back then as in just a few years ago it was said they are just data packets and just 1’s and 2’s and so it doesn’t matter. They used to say the same thing about power cables. The run for miles into your house so how is 1m of premium cable going to matter. Well I agree but then you plug them in and say - wow nice! There are always doubters thats just normal human response. Many take the simple safe view and write these things off and it makes sense why one would do that. For me I try to get out in front. Sure not all things are going to work no doubt but trust me when I tell you if you have a decent system and you run Ethernet Audio and you are running Router direct. Put a switch in between and run it via clean power and get the same clear power for your router and you will thank me. They’ve been doing this for close to 2 years it’s nothing new but the Ethernet player from Bricasti is new and the guys jumping on this train deserve a heads up on a nice little cheap Audio tweak that goes a long way. After you do this google isotona and add one of those also. Good stuff. Ive been digging deep into Ethernet because it is going to userp USB, AES, S/PDIF will all be absolete in a coupe years. Ethernet will be everything with a wireless version of course. There are a couple companies developing crystal oven clocks for Ethernet and it will be game overr when they hit the market. Bricasti and PS Audio are positioned perfectly for this. PS Audio has been way out in front with this but they needed the rest of the infrastructure to catch up and it sure it coming hard and quick now. 
Fsmithjack, what I meant to say is the following. Ethernet out of pc into local wireless router. Ethernet out of router into the M5 internal board of the bricasti to reclock and convert via i2s to the dac. Your telling me this switch cleans up the router. I don’t seem to see how this helps as the signal is handled by the M5 in the dac? How does the switch clean the power? I understand how the dac does it.
@fsmithjack   Your points, I'm sure, are not falling on deaf ears or closed minds.

Getting the power supplies and the reclockers etc right, as well as with other mods, these devices are delivering.