DACs and bass response?

I'm auditioning dacs in my system. One (COS) was way to analytical, overall, but had very tight bass. Another (Aqua La Voce) is what some would describe as "musical"  and sounds  terrific in all aspects except bass. My cdp alone does better in that regard. I have monitors and no subs. Can I expect that dacs that are hyper-detailed will also offer tighter bass as a rule?
stuartk
@audioengr

I appreciate the fact that at least you measured the 1694A and have data results handy. No doubt the results would be less than exactly perfect. I’ve also read - here on Agon - that the length itself (of any cable) can be critical in minimizing jitter. I’ve also read - here on Agon - to ignore measurements completely and simply rely on your own ears.

You know as well as I do that this "hobby" is an endless pursuit of perfection, and after a certain point - when one already has a good sounding system with quality components - diminishing returns sets in rather quickly. In my opinion, and from my own pragmatic approach, right or wrong, changing cables produces only infinitesimally small changes. I believe changing cables (power, interconnects, whatever else) simply produces a difference and not a "better or worse" scenario (irrespective of measurement data).

I use this cable to feed my Schiit Yggdrasil DAC. I am relying upon Belden’s and Schiit’s "claims" (published marketing BS as well as third party independent lab testing which in the case of Belden is ASTM D-4566) in addition to my own listening and derived enjoyment to arrive at the conclusions that (a) I’m not sacrificing any enjoyment by not having a better cable (or better anything for that matter) and (b) if I’m wrong and simply haven’t experienced the better enjoyment yet to realize I’m actually missing it then "Oh well, so be it".

EDIT:

And for what’s worth - and given the thread title - IMO the Bass from Yggy is phenomenal. And I've read quite a few posts from owners/others who report the same (in comparison to other DACs).
gdhal, based on my experience, everything matters at varying degrees. When I recently replaced gold plated locking banana plugs with silver plugs on my 6 gauge speaker cables, the clarity and detail improved exponentially. The benefits to my recently added ISO Regen and LP1 proved beyond what I could have predicted. I really wasn't expecting a difference by changing my banana plugs from gold to silver.
However, it seems as if dealers and distributors will tell us that what we need, are whatever cables they just happen to be selling. In other words, I believe it to be difficult for hobbyists to determine exactly what they want or need in their stereos, especially in an age where most consumers will make purchases via the internet rather than making comparisons in the dealers show room. As funny as it might seem, I recommend that audio enthusiasts read about aesthetics and music theory in order to find their solutions in equipment, tweaks or upgrades. After all, isn't this about musicality? Happy Holidays.
@gdhl: With all due respect, the difference I heard in the bass presentation as a result of changing digital cables was not "infinitesimal". 
I was about to give up on La Voce and continue my search. Swapping out the cable changed my mind. I bought La Voce. My experiments with cables has been varied-- some indeed seem to be merely "different".
In other cases, cables have provoked a strong appeal or strong distaste.  

@goofyfoot: I wish you luck in getting a majority of audiophiles to agree on a definition of "musicality"! ;o) As a guitar player, I'm familiar enough with music theory but I have to say it's never figured in any way into my gear selection. However, I'd love to hear more about the connection you perceive between the two. As for reading about aesthetics, isn't reading a 
I believe it to be difficult for hobbyists to determine exactly what they want or need in their stereos, especially in an age where most consumers will make purchases via the internet rather than making comparisons in the dealers show room.

This is precisely why I’m doing these jitter measurements and trying to correlate them to sound quality. If a measurement can be proven to be useful, then no amount of snake-oil claims can compete with it. After all, marketing BS is what is mostly written about cables. Most cable manufacturers don’t put ANY measurements on their sites. I’m trying to improve that situation.

gdhal - If I could significantly improve my system dynamics, imaging and clarity for $275, I would jump at this. Chump-change, besides it’s 30-day money-back.

I recently got a IFI SPDIF iPurifier for my Home Theater.  Another no-brainer.  I lowers jitter for Dolby Digital and DTS for $150.  Improves movies significantly.  I can finally hear all of the quiet dialogue in the starting scene of "Gravity". The movie makes sense now.  I prefer my Synchro-Mesh for 2-channel.

Steve N.

Empirical Audio