Upgrading form Pass integrated amplifier to a better one

Hello,

Currently I have a PASS INT-250 integrated amplifier . The Pass INT-250 is a very good integrated (in my system it was overall better than Plinius Hiato, Gamut D150se, Mark Levinson 535, Vitus RI-100,  Accuphase E-470 and some others) but I can't get rid of the feeling that I miss some explosiveness (drum kicks for example) and micro details.

I know that its not the speakers. The new Sonus faber tradition I have are much more open, dynamic and airy than previous Guarneri Evos, Elipasas SE and Amati Anniversarious I used to own. And before buying them I auditioned the Serafinos with Audio Research separates and it was the amazing combo. But I really prefer not to go the separates road ( ICs, power cords and space contribute to financial constrains also) and even so I like the combo of Pass and Serafinos overall but from time to time looking for some better integrated on the market.

Currently I presented with a good opportunity to buy latest Gryphon Diablo 300 integrated or latest just released Accuphase E-650.  No possiblilty to demo them, so I am asking here on the forum if anybody can comment if Gryphon Diablo 300 or Accuphase E-650 will be better integrated than Pass INT250 overall and especially in terms of dynamics, micro details and harmonics.

Any advise and opinion would be very appreciated.

My system: Esoteric K-05x, Pass INT-250, Sonus Faber Serafinos, all cabling are the Shunyata Sigmas.

Room is 12" wide by 17" long. Listen mostly acoustic jazz and chamber classical on low to moderate levels.

Thank you.

denon1
Just sold the VAC 160i SE and acquired the Pass INT-250.

Its a better fit for my room and with my Harbeth 40.2

Better bass, more transparency, more detailed.

Dont hear any drawbacks as the VAC was neutral for tubes and this PASS is not forward

Perhaps the gryphon or ypsilon integrated is better but at twice the cost this is certainly a relative bargain
Post removed 

Some update, the Gryphon continues to sound better. I have around 150 hours on it and I think its fully opened up and sound outstanding. For sure in anther league from Pass INT-250. Now, esoteric will increase its retail pricing across the board worldwide by 10-15% on 12/24. This and great offer from my dealer pushed me to do a long wanted upgrade from esoteric k-05x to esoteric k-01x. This is the final step to achieving what I want and I am done. Once hi end streamers become less expensive I will look for something like Aurender N10 in a couple of years.

Happy holidays and outstanding 2018 to all.

One of the most interesting thread I have come across in recent years.
I have been considering replacing my ARC tube separates with a top tier SS integrated for several years now. I have a pair of Verity Audio Parsifal Encore with 89db effeciency that I like very much. 

Would like to pair a good SS integrated with those and reading through this thread it would appear that a Vitus SIA-025 or Gryphon Diablo 120 would likely be a good match. However, like you guys in the US there is no possibility to audition either one in Canada as there are no dealers or distributor.

It would replace an ARC REF3 LE and a pair of Classic 120 mono’s that we’re both modded by GNSC a few years ago. They produce 110w/ch with satisfying loudness level in my 15’x 23’ room. Would love to hear a Vitus or Diablo 120 in my room with the Parsifal. I feel that a Diablo 300 would be overkill.

This would be my very last amp. I would however likely keep my REF Phono2 and Weiss DAC.
Anyway as someone pointed out somewhere above, very good thread indeed.
If it may be your last amp why not make it the great first ? Diablo 300 would be just right and would bring more out of your speakers.
Listen to youtube, same Gryphon speakers with Diablo 120 and Diablo 300, you can hear the difference - much more powerful and easy going sound.