What is your selling experience using Express Checkout ?

Express Checkout seems to work good for the buyer, but for selling, the system is slow to update and the funds are held up for a day or two. Do they hold on to the funds to get more interest ?
rilbr
I was anoyed with it in the beginning, but as a seller I’ve always included it as a payment option. Until now. From this moment on it’s Paypal only, thank you very much. Let me explain why.

The Express Checkout used to hold on to the funds until they got a shipment confirmation and then release them, which would take another couple of days. Not anymore! Now they are holding your money until the item gets DELIVERED. Can you believe this? Imagine shipping something from the East cost to California or Washington? That’s a week minimum. But wait, it gets better! Once the item gets delivered, you will receive an email: “Congratulations, your item was successfully delivered! We will be releasing your funds for this sale to your bank account within the next 8 days.“  This is just disrespectful, I have no other words. EIGHT DAYS? After I waited a week for the package to be delivered?

Never again. And I think I’m being quite reasonable.
It sounds like on large ticket items that would add to up to a whole lot of "extra" revenue from interest alone.

Have never tried it and now most likely never will.
At least with PayPal you know its costing you 2.9% and that's it. And now with PayPal for a whopping 25 cents extra you can get your money transferred within an hour.
I use PayPal. They make me wait for 3 days after delivery before releasing my funds. But transfer to my bank account is fast (and only 25 cents!).
Thank you all for your input. Last time I used Express Checkout to get payment, there were delays. USPS tracking went dead for two days, adding to the worry. After delivery, Audiogon wanted the buyer to confirm that it was delivered. The buyer did after another day or so, but what if he said NO ?