Recommendations for music network player

Hi. I'm never in digital and I'm very septic. I'm using Mac mini. Any suggestions for any thinking better sounding than Mac , I do own dac , but would be great to hook up to music player cd ripping device. Thanks for response if any 
pophaudio
Try auditioning Bluesound Vault 2, very versatile and amazing sound given its asking price. You also get a DAC onboard that decodes MQA** files as a bonus. 

**For MQA playback, you would need a subscription to Tidal. 

And if cost no object and you’re willing to let go your DAC and CD ripping, I highly recommend Aurender A10. 

+1 for the Bluesound

I purchased the PowerNode 2 for my TV system - Once I heard the quality, I went out and purchased the Node 2 for my audio system.

This summer I just purchased the Pulse Mini for outside music

The software is intuitive and comes on almost every platform - I have Android, Windows and a MAC all running perfectly. Updates on all three are fast and works every time.

Support is top notch and very knowledgeable - even to the point of recommending what setting on my router is required for the MAC - try getting that from Apple.

I installed quality cables on my Node 2 and it sounded so nice I sold my Schiit Bifrost DAC and ditched my computer interface - YES!!!

It supports the most popular streaming services, connects to my remote NAS drive with ease and has never let me down.

I do have issues with streaming 24/192 files wirelessly on the Pulse Mini - but that could be more to do with my router. No issues when using Ethernet for the TV and Audio system

Great company - great product - nicely finished

Regards - Steve

+1 for Bluesound.
I own the Node 1 and use my Ayre Codex as a DAC.
Works beautifully and you can have them run throughout the house for wireless connectivity.
For the money, Spotify would be my choice. I am trying Tidal again, but find it a bit limited when listening to anything but contemporary music.
B

If you are using USB to the DAC, the Antipodes and Aurender N10 are the best picks.

Steve N.

Empirical Audio