Goldenear Reference Vs. Focal Sopra #2.....pocket the $5k difference and don't look back?

I've listened to both, and each has its pluses and minuses. Unfortunately, I can't listen to them side by side as they are at different dealers.  :-( 
I listen to a lot of classic rock and I'm not sure the Focals are up for the challenge. The Refs sound a bit fuller (to my ears) and I think adapt better to rock music....especially with the built in subs. 
Obviosly the Focal are GORGEOUS and sound incredible...but for $5k ish more?

Im looking to buy one or the other in the next 30 days. Any advise or input would be helpful.

Thx

jnc
I own the Triton References and like you, felt they reproduced Rock very well.  Since over 90% of my listening is to Rock, it was a no brainer to me.  I may be wrong but I seriously doubt the Sopras will do Rock the justice it deserves.  If you are in to Classical or Jazz, I would expect the Focals to be better.
If sonics are paramount, the GE Refs. Aesthetics and sonics, but not as much-Focal(but your wallet will be lighter)

I've heard both, not side by side. If It were in this position, I would go Focal, since I value looks as part of the equation. The  Focals are not lacking to my ears.

We only live once.....