Added value of separate server?

I run Roon core in an iMac.  Files I've ripped or downloaded, along with those from Tidal, are sent via ethernet to an Ayre QX-5 Twenty DAC that connects to a KX-5 Twenty preamp.  That setup seems able to deliver superb sound, e.g., the DSD file of "Take Five" downloaded from Acoustic Sounds sounds a bit superior to the SACD played using my Ayre C-5xeMP.  What value might there be to adding something like an Aurender N10 streamer?

db
Ag insider logo xs@2xdbphd
I find the server/player/renderer to be more important than the dac. The true source is usually most important. Amazing what digital can deliver when done right. Often times the weak link is ahead of the dac in computer based audio.
@grannyrig @jaybe

Wrong. Moving or serving digital files is very simple and every working computer and every router moves digital data around at high rates day in day out with no errors (error correction and detection algorithms ensure this). The critical technology is in the D to A conversion.

Of course, the server has huge impact on how you view and access your library - the interface can be feature rich or very basc like iTunes. Unless the digital files are being processed then any properly functioning device can deliver a bit perfect digital file to your DAC. Of course if your DAC cant handle jitter rejection then no two devices will sound the same ever - even a different cable could make a difference - but that is a DAC issue.
Yes guys, if you have a Benchmark DAC, your system will defy all known audio reality. It is also imperative not to actually listen to new/different things before forming your opinions.

Dave
it is unlikely that it will improve the SQ given that you have an Ayre

you could try it, but I'd look elsewhere for any SQ improvements
Either the music file delivered by the server (laptop or whatever computer chip) device is bit perfect or it isnt.

If it isnt bit perfect then there is an incorrect software setting, additional processing or conversion being done, digital volume manipulation, a bug in the code or a hardware problem etc.

If what reaches the DAC is bit perfect then it should sound the same irrespective of where the digital file originated or there is a problem with the DAC (noise from laptop, jitter, ground loop, software bug, hardware failure etc. but for sure something is adversely affecting the DAC and the DAC has failed to do a proper job)

Blaming other equipmemt for a DAC failure to do a proper job is just making excuses for the DAC poor performance.