B&W 702s or Revel F208s

I can have either one for the same price. Which ones should I get? Any alternatives for $5K floorstandes tops? Same sound character.  Thanks
128x128thyname
@ thyname

He's talking about the mid range driver MOTOR, not the cone size.  The motor sits behind the cone.
I would stick to the Revel over Focal. The Aria 936 can't match the Revel lower bass response, doesn't have as well damped cabinet, and presents a bit a load on a partnering amp. The Revel IMHO, is step up from this Focal model.
For those who use Revel F208s, for stereo / music only, do you guys use them with subwoofers or just them? Thanks
You won't need an additional sub with the F208's with the output going nicely down to the 20's in rather well. It's front ported, so it makes some aspects about rear boundary wall distance a bit less of a fuss. You also have a boundary compensation adjustment on the back that will slightly shelve the bass if needed. You would prefer to pull them out from the back wall like any speaker, but a boomy sounding bass is not going to as much of a concern as a rear ported design.

Due to the wide dispersion, try and steer clear of side walls as it will really hinder the imaging and sound stage. As with many speakers, the upper treble does fall off to the sides and toe in can be used to dial in the upper treble.