B&W DM6 speakers

I was wondering if anyone else out there is familiar with B&W DM 6 speakers. I have a pair I still use. I am wondering how others felt or feel about them. I have the change my speakers bug, but I am somewhat attached to these.
jbaussie
can anyone email me a photo of their midrange kevlar dm6 driver and sharpman get me your email and i will copy you the original dm6 manual and tickertape of freq range.

send to [email protected]
I have had a pair for about 15 years and I have modified them quite extensively with rewire, bipassing the fuses etc and new capaciters. I have kept the original drivers. Removing about half of the internal wadding helped also. They are suberb speakers and when positooned correctly and driven by high powererd quality amplification they can be quite suberb. I currently drive them with 150watt Krells. In terms of absolute control and tranparency they may not be up there the very best but they seem very neutral and the truth is that I can't bear to replace them. Whernever I have had any work done to them by HI-FI stors the feedback is that these people are are stunned at the sound. They need to be raised slightly and set on solid bases I use concrete slabs.
I've now got mine on massive solid oak plinths with brass spikes. Really clears everything up and tightens the bass. Have also removed half of the internal wadding like glen did. I find that these speakers need a very high toe-in angle to sound good. Just my ears and my 2 cents. Regards, David.