D'Agostino vs. Ayre

To anyone who has heard the D'Agostino Momentum series amps and the latest Ayre MX-R Twenty, care to compare and contrast the sound?
imgoodwithtools
@tomic601 
Well, you aren't the only one. That is how I got a pair of MX-R's.
I can't help but wonder if the OP had used a set of Zero Autoformers with the Atma amps, he might have not made a switch...
In any case, I am glad he enjoys the D'Agostino  amps. I wish I could afford them.
Bob
gdnrbob.....all part of living in the spon cycle...
i hear ya, if my lil mac240 wont run the treos I will build out a set of Ralphs kit amps.....
@gdnrbob The Atma-Spheres were Excellent, especially in the mids and highs. I think they just could not deliver enough current for the sub-2ohm load of my Alexia's in the bass. 

The D'Agostino S-250 is equally excellent, but across the whole frequency spectrum. I Love It. If you can score a used or demo S-200, the cost to upgrade to an S-250, I believe, is $7500. And there is No Comparison between the original D'Agostino M-300 or S-200 vs. the new M-400 or S-250. I'm looking forward to hearing a VTL S-400 II in my system, maybe someday. Will it be better than the D'Agostino?? I don't know.
I heard the Alexia 2s at RMAF. Amazing loudspeakers. Driven by all Nagra electronics, they were truly magical. And that's under show conditions. I understand Wilson has redesigned the crossover in the Alexia 2s to make them more amp friendly in the bass.
@OP,
The Zero Autoformers would have compensated for the low impedance of the speakers. I know Ralph recommends them for older Maggie's which have the same characteristics.
Though my Vandy Treo's are fairly easy to drive, I bought a pair of Zero's to try. Steve McCormack says they do make a difference, too. So, I want to give it a try-just for fun. If a SS and Tube guy can agree on something, maybe it has some credence.

B