REL Vs SVS for 2 channel music listening

I have Zu Omen Defs connected to a NuForce STA200 (class a/b) amp. REL has suggested a T9/i https://rel.net/shop/subwoofers/serie-ti/t9i/

SVS has a cheaper SB-2000 which seems to be closer for half the price https://www.svsound.com/products/sb-2000

I've read numerous places that REL is way overpriced and SVS is great for music. I am aware of Zu's subs...would like to keep the price under a grand if possible. 

Opinions?
aberyclark
Good to see Hsu Research mentioned. SVS is terrific. 

One not mentioned is Outlaw Audio. If you haven't already, you may want to check their subs out, especially if price point is a driving force.

I've had mixed results with subs. When done well, you will not know they exist until you remove them from the mix. Note that is subs with an s. 

Not sure if you want take the passive sub way. : )  Mentioning it as an option, since it hasn't come up.
Thanks Ghosthouse. I just want to be clear....I'm not unhappy with the bass, low end I have. In fact, I think it's great. I'm not purchasing because I feel something is "missing" more so at times I love really deep strong bass (I can turn sub off If I choose). Deep classical organ to EDM. My musical taste is varied. Coming from a subwoofer a few years back in my 2 channel system, it's really something I like and it "adds" to my listening experience. I was running 2.1 until we moved into a townhome about 10 years ago. We moved back into a house we purchased 4 years ago and I can now happily add a sub back into the mix. So yes, I love how balanced my system is now. In fact, it's the best I have heard except for a couple of other's systems I was able to listen. So while I appreciate the room advice etc( I have my room dialed in nice), I'm just wanting to induulge myself in to the world of heavy bass at times :)
Hi @aberyclark 
Okay, that's great.  You've done subs before so you know what's up with them.  They're a funny audio creature: "They are working best when you don't know they are working!"  Wasn't familiar with your Zu Omen Defs (apart from having heard of the Zu brand).   Just read a very favorable review of 'em on home theater review.com.  They appear to be very accommodating of a range of amplifiers and music types.  NOT trying to sell you on SVS at all, but did want to mention the relatively small size of the SB1000s was a positive for me.  

Yes ghosthouse SVS is probably where I am going. The RELs seem quite nice, however, They have a rep for being overpriced. REL did just kick off a Christmas sale. I will look thru my email
I've owned several SVS subs and think they are great for home theater. I wouldn't choose them for 2-channel. I prefer JL Audio. To my ears the JL Audio subs produce musical bass.