Tekton Double Impacts

Anybody out there heard these??

I have dedicated audio room 14.5x20.5x9 ft.  Currently have Marantz Reference CD/Intergrated paired to Magnepan 1.7's with REL T-7 subs.  For the vast majority of music I love this system.  The only nit pick is that it is lacking/limited in covering say below 35 hz or so.  For the first time actually buzzed the panel with an organ sacd. Bummer.  Thought of upgrading subs to rythmicks but then I will need to high pass the 1.7's.  Really don't want to deal with that approach.

Enter the Double Impacts.  Many interesting things here.  Would certainly have a different set of strengths here.  Dynamics, claimed bottom octave coverage in one package, suspect a good match to current electronics.

I've read all the threads here so we do not need to rehash that.  Just wondering if others out there have FIRST HAND experience with these or other Tekton speakers

Thanks.
corelli
Got a question for Tekton Speaker Owners with Grills. I just received my grills for my Electrons. The grills are well built. However, they don’t seem like they fit the shape of the speaker cabinet. The corners of the grills are not flush with the corners of the speaker cabinet. The Speakers Cabinets have a rounded corner yet the Grills have a sharp corner, so the grill corners are sticking out a bit. Is this what you all have as well? Thanks
I hope not, but I'v been looking at my DIs and I can see where they would have to be because of the drivers being so close to the edge of the cabinets. The holes for the pins to go in are very close to the edge also, which looks to me like the edge of the grills will stick out past the round over. Agh... Oh well. BTW my review of these speakers will be in the near future, just 20hrs into break in. So far so sweet.

Mazikrav

My setup is in my living room and would not be categorized as a "listening room".  There is an assortment of random couches and so forth kind of in the way.  The room is about 14x24ish and I have the speakers set up along one of the short walls.  They are about 2 feet each way from the corners.  My sub is about 40% of the way along that same short wall.  It's an old NHT that I had kicking around.  The amp for the NHT allows me to cut out the signal above 50/80/100 hz.  I found 50 hz was the best setting.  I listen about 10 feet from the speakers and have them toed in to cross about 3 feet behind me.  Despite the furniture etc, there is a pretty clear path from the speakers to where I listen, so it works out well.  My neighbor across the way is a bassist and jazz nut and I had him help me dial in the settings.  It's possible bourbon was involved.  I am not sure if I'd need a sub with a different amp.  I'd be neat to hook up a big SS amp sometime and hear that.

I really like the way these sound.  My neighbor and I go to the local jazz fest during one week in the summer and this year we would go hear a few acts and then do an "after event decompress" with my system and listen to some of the same acts we had just heard live.  It's not "live" but its pretty good.  That was before I put the sub in the mix, I can't wait to do it next year.

FWIW I'm also in the group waiting for grills...

Mazikrav

What do you think the Brilliance PMDs will offer for the extra $7k?  I'm curious what Eric has to say since there isn't anything much on the website.

Best

@aniwolfe yes, this is what they are and, as a fine furniture maker, I did not like it at first but they are actually fine. They define a squareish line while looking at them from the front. I have the black speakers and the black cloth is actually a dark brown. Blacks are hard to match anyway, but again, you only see it from certain angles and in certain lights. I like the grills because they take the attention off of the  the speaker faces. They calm it all down. It would be rather difficult to round those tops of the grills, but it would be possible. Frankly I think they just tidy up the whole scene.