What is your favorite budget audio component?

Just wondering for the sake of curiosity and general sharing and education among audiophiles, “What is your favorite budget audio component?” And as a bonus, “Why do you consider it budget and why is it good?” 
Since budget might be relative, I would say audio gear like MBL, Wilson MAXX speakers or anything ultra high end should not be considered.

128x1282psyop
Forgot to mention one of mine, Magnepan MMGs at 599$ new. Really a great way to get into Hi-Fi without spending 1k$+. Let’s face it we don’t all have tons of cash for our audio systems. Why not explore budget gear that shines and many, many people can enjoy?
BTW I had noticed Parasound and Bluesound mentioned. Two great companies putting out affordable stuff. I would like to add Schiit Audio. The DACs are very good indeed for the money spent.
2 related components:

Magnepan Unitrac 1 tonearm @ $300 for a demo in 1984
Dynavector MR23 cartridge re-tip @ $179 on the same day

I finally was able to extract everything there was to hear in my vinyl collection.  My first DV had been a revelation on with an old Rega 202 a couple of years earlier, but VTA on-the-fly with the Unitrac made me realize just how big a deal correct vertical geometry is.

effisher-
I had wondered about that VTA on-the-fly tonearm?? That must be a GREAT bargain at it’s price for analog listeners. Awesome addition to the list.
Here's one - the Wand family of tonearms -- from less than $500 and up, great solid unipivot design but built like a tank, easy to mount and fully adjustable. The Wand+ bested an SME-IV in my setup, highly recommended
https://designbuildlisten.com/
Your would be hard pressed to find a better budget pre amplifier then the deHavilland UltraVerve. Kara Chaffee the designer and yes she makes them by hand, and yes she can adjust the output to match for your amplifiers. 
As all of her products she lets the tubes do the talking and simply brings out the very best in them, noise free, big sound. 
http://www.dehavillandhifi.com