So how many people jumped on the PS Audio Black Friday Sale For The BHK Amps And Pre Amp?

I just wondered how many people on this site jumped on the aggressive deals that were offered?
I wonder if its a success if more audio companies will jump on the bandwagon next year!
Thanks In Advance
Eek
eek
pmotz, How do you like your BHK 250?  How would you characterize the sound and what speakers are you using, if you don't mind telling us?
Tomcy6, I very much like the BHK250!  I’m using with Vandersteen 5 and I think it is a good match.  I was using an Audio Research Classic 60 and the BHK has better definition and low end.  Not to mention I don’t need to change expensive power tubes any more (there are two input tubes on the BHK but they are cheap).
PS Audio has been segmenting the market for a long time, with big trade-in allowances, refurbished offerings, and huge discounts at certain times (usually around the time they’re discontinuing a product). And I’m sure a lot of those "call for best price" ads, listing at full retail, are a gateway for deep discounts if you bargain at all. It’s the coupon booklet of high-end audio.

That’s cool and all -- and the PS gear I’ve owned has been pretty solid and sounds good -- but it’s unfortunate for anyone who pays anywhere near retail prices on this gear. They’ll have a nasty surprise if and when they find out just how much they have to discount for the 2nd hand market. It doesn’t have the resale of some of the gear from the more traditional brands.

To be fair, I’m a big proponent of people doing their own research to be informed buyers. But I’ve seen a few cycles of new PS gear being hyped as the next great thing, and now I just think "here we go again".
I've enjoyed a PS Audio DirectStream DAC, which I purchased soon after it was released, and have added their P10 PowerPlant and DirectStream transport.  The few times I've needed to obtain support from the company, I have nothing but good things to report.

I may get hammered for this, but I've been enjoying a McIntosh C2500 tube preamp and MC452 solid state power amp, which work very well with the PS Audio gear, and my speakers/sub woofers, so although the deals on the PS Audio pre and power amps were tempting, I'm "good" with what I own now, and I don't have a place to audition the pair driving the speakers I own (Focal Sopra No2's).

If I was looking to replace my McIntosh components, I'd snap up the PS Audio units as a replacement in a heartbeat.  I bought the DAC without first auditioning it, as it had a money-back guarantee.  I agree with the other posting, I think Paul is a genuine guy, not feeding us marketing BS to support his products.