Why does my system now have shrill top end.

The equipment in my system (listed below) has not changed but I now find on both CD and Vinyl a high end shrillness to the sound (treble is very harsh) that has become very annoying, especially at high volume levels. I have no idea why this happened all of a sudden.

Endevour E-3
Pass 30.8
Pass XP 20
Esoteric K01x
Linn LP12 (Ortofon Black cartridge)
Linn Linto Phono Preamp
PS Audio P5 (Amp plugged in directly to wall)
JL Audio F112 v2 sub
OCOS Speaker cable (15 feet)
Pass XLR interconnect (Preamp to Amp)
Harmonic Technology Cable Magic Link (not current version). RCA termination

Any ideas?
proacman
Oooh, dimmers can definitely make trouble.
I recall other threads on this subject.
Since this occurred after the kitchen upgrade, I have a sneaking suspicion that the electrical work has something to do with the sudden change in your stereo.
Perhaps Almarg will chime in....
B
Thanks everyone for the responses. I will try turning the kitchen lights off tonight and see if that makes a difference.
Post removed 

Not sure it would be room acoustics as there is no improvement as I walk around the room.

That only works for bass modes. Room acoustics is more than that.

In particular, I’m talking your room’s overall power response. How quickly the top end decays. If it is lingering longer, or reflecting more, it will give the exact issues you describe. So, again, did you move furniture, curtains, etc around? If no, then that’s not likely, but still there is a free experiment you can do.

Throw some blankets or pillows on the floor, especially between and behind the speakers. Experiment. This may not be your issue, but it’s free.