DENAFRIPS DAC ---- Owner Impressions, Feedback, General Discussion, Questions and more....

Thread for OWNER IMPRESSIONS, FEEDBACK, QUESTIONS, ETC. regarding DENAFRIPS DACs.

DENAFRIPS lists the following R2R DACs:

Ares, Pontus, Venus, and Terminator (in increasing price order).

"DENAFRIPS incorporated in year 2012, focus in developing high end audio equipment at a very affordable price. Throughout the years of intense Research & Development, and continuous improvement of the product lines, DENAFRIPS had finally settled with the current product range equipped with R-2R ladder DAC technology. The reason behind this is the designer strongly believe that R-2R DAC is the best way to reproduce music.

The name, DENAFRIPS, stand for:

D-ynamic
E-xquisite
N-atural
A-ttractive
F-idelity
R-efined
I-ntoxicating
P-ure
S-ophisticated

This mean a lot and it is the house-sound of all DENAFRIPS products." [Copied From Denafrips About Us section]
david_ten
@stfoth  Nice write up and a good summary. Thank you.

"Curious about the Terminator."  I am also. : )
Had the Denafrips Ares coming through here a while back - excellent sounding DAC especially for its very modest asking price.

It has a few ergonomically shortcomings the silkscreen on the faceplate is almost unreadable, dark gray print on black in 20 pt font or smaller and the almost impossible to see 1mm LED indicator lights, they ought to change this to white print and larger LED's - I did on mine :-)

Good Listening

Peter
I just recently have taken a hard look at the Denafrips DACs.  Relating to stfroth's description that this DAC is a tad dark sounding.  I believe that it mostly has to do with their choice of using Elna Cerafine and Elna Silmic capacitors.  The Elna caps are very nice, but they do have a very laid back "tube like" sound.  Even the Cerafine is like that -- has an extreme amount of bass, but not as much midrange or high frequency attack and detail when compared to something like Nichicon caps.  This could be a great DAC depending on your tastes.
The Denafrips Terminator is broken in and is performing very well.

I’ve been waiting for a speaker delivery, which was planned and scheduled for before the Denafrips DAC was delivered. The speaker was delivered yesterday. My original plan was to have the new speaker fully broken in and to have a significant amount of personal listening time with it, before introducing the Terminator into my system.

I will hold off on posting my impressions etc. about the Terminator until the speaker is broken in and I’m familiar with it.
Congratulations on the Danafrips and the new loudspeaker. What is your new loudspeaker? Just curious.