THE LITTLE BLACK BOX, 399.00 ABSOLUTLY NUTS

I need a little black XLR junction box for a famous turntable......Two XLR jacks and a 4 pin jack 399.00 please....What is going on here, you can buy a whole amplifier for that ??   I offered a dealer  200.00 for one and he laughed at me......Are  we the buyers going crazy paying that ????
autospec
Do you sell home made
Amps  60 WPC. 
  OTL,S  maybe  SET amps tube stuff ? 
I have been building tube amps for fifty years....I built five this week......I love building and listening to tube equipment...........Thanks for asking     Will
(((the new management took over and most of them didn't even know what you were talking about,)))

Disagree,
We have had a numorous amount of detailed parts needed.
Upon detailed email requests to Marc at VPI we consistently receive a lightning response, excellent support, and advice.
 Best
JohnnyR  
Audio Connection
(((the new management took over and most of them didn’t even know what you were talking about,)))

Furtermore
Unfortunately, it's sometimes not realized turntables tonearms belts pib boxes overhang VTA, tonearm distance record cleaning machines etc are products with many detailed working elements and can provoke a curiosity to the hobbyist who sometimes cannot comprehend the business side.
 All of this brings many long-winded conversations of analytical expertise needed into a business as well,
 Mostly appreciated but sometimes way under appreciated.
  In the big picture, they care and make it happen  
Best
JohnnyR
Audio Connection
 It's a rip off. Typical audio file crap. Even according to Johnny B 53's four times the cost to make, there's no way that thing cost $100 to make. More like 30 or 40. 
 And I don't understand why these dealers need to double their money when all they do is place an order and bring something in. It's not like any of them stock any inventory. 
 If you are not going to diy then you need to develop a relationship with a good tech. Then you could choose which parts you want and have it built for probably about $200 total .