601 fuse size

I'd like to buy the SR Quantum Blue fuses as a gift. I don't have access to the amps and the online manual gives the fuse location but not the size. Anybody know the particulars for a McIntosh 601 amp?

Thanx
Ag insider logo xs@2xjackcoke
Are you sure about the fuse location ? That amp has a sentry monitor ( circuit breaker) that is fuse-less !
That amp has a sentry monitor ( circuit breaker) that is fuse-less !
 Now the OP can buy him a real gift that may be appreciated.

Cheers George
The rear panel drawing in the manual and various rear panel photos of the amp which can be found online show markings indicating the fuse rating as 10AH 250 volts. That presumably applies to the version of the amp that is used in the USA and other 120 volt countries.

"10AH" means a current rating of 10 amps. The H means that the maximum amount of current the fuse can safely interrupt is 10,000 amps. The 250 volt rating should be interpreted as a minimum, so an SR fuse rated for 500 volts would be suitable in that respect.

If the unit is in a 240 volt country, the current rating would probably be 5 amps.

I have no knowledge as to the physical size of the required fuse, but I suspect it would be 6.3 x 32 mm rather than 5 x 20 mm.

Regards,
-- Al