THE LITTLE BLACK BOX, 399.00 ABSOLUTLY NUTS

I need a little black XLR junction box for a famous turntable......Two XLR jacks and a 4 pin jack 399.00 please....What is going on here, you can buy a whole amplifier for that ??   I offered a dealer  200.00 for one and he laughed at me......Are  we the buyers going crazy paying that ????
autospec
Post removed 
willemj, If you’re so smart, why aren’t you rich? Sorry, I couldn’t resist.
Squeaky wheels do get the grease.  I don't do it myself, but it definitely works out there.  
Actually, most extremely wealthy people i know are quite smart- i'm not talking about the wealth that buys a fancy house, car, vacation, and the other trappings of "success" ala the professional class. It's the kind of money that gets passed down generationally. Unfortunately, sometimes the heirs don't live up to the standards of the folks who made the money in the first place, but that's another subject. 
I could care less about money per se, or the people who have it. It's what they do with the money that counts--- and I'm not talking Mother Teresa stuff but leading interesting lives. And actually, to do that, it isn't money that is the driver, it's a sense of curiosity and persistence. (which is often how fortunes are made). 
Autospec:

Not sure if you are aware of this but if you're Rega 700 has the stock wiring in it, you will need to do some minor surgery (or have it rewired) to configure it for balanced.

Rega is one of the very few arm manufacturers whose arms are not very simply converted to balanced signal transfer with the addition of a balanced tonearm lead.

http://www.aqvox.de/REGA_250_300_Tonearm-mod-humm-free-remove-signal-groundrega_mod.html