The Outlaw ruins X-mas

So my little brother wanted an AV receiver for X-mas, and I'm doing well so I figure OK, I'll order one from Outlaw Audio and he'll be set.

Ordered 12/7. then, nothing.

1 wk later 12/13, they phoned me and tell me they cannot have a ship-to address different than a bill-to address. so once that's updated, I expect prompt shipment.

nope.

phone'd them today, and they still haven't shipped. so, there's no way that the unit that I ordered on 12/7 will arrive on time, unless I want to spend $100 on 2-day air.

that's what you call Poor Customer Service. and lets not forget the fact that I'm screwed on getting my brother a gift now.

just thought you should know. i'd personally trust A-gon members w/ good feedback selling used more than that company selling new.

rhyno
128x128rhyno
A correction to my earlier post ...

In re-reading my post, I didn't mean to give the impression that Outlaw had to replace all its RR2150 receivers. My receiver was from one of the first production runs and it developed problems after about 6 months. Outlaw offered me a replacement on the spot. I did need to wait though until new stock came in, as the original factory had been "fired" as they couldn't keep up with demand. The new receiver has been in use for about 3 months now, is problem free, and sees daily use.

I felt that Outlaw handled my issue in a professional way and showed not only its faith in its product, but also in wanting to keep me as a customer.

Regards, Rich
Ouch! I just ordered two Marantz recievers on Monday and I received them via Fed-X the next day. I paid nothing for shipping and they came from nearly 300 miles away. I know that might not be as far as your shipment had to travel. But, I sure would think they could have done more for you.
As I read it, on their credit card payment screen, they do not require that ship-to and bill-to match. But if they are different, they require you to register the ship-to address with the credit card company. So in the case of this vendor they would be making the accomodation you desire?

sorry - I didn't read their policy statement (tisk, tisk, tisk), and it certainly is an accommodation. I'm not sure how complicated it is to register additional addresses with the credit card company, but if it's reasonably painless I think it's a good solution for all.

Getheleadout - I completely understand the rationale for the practice, and appreciate it's for me, but there needs to be a secure method to permit gift selling (which they apparently have offered). Again, shame on me for not realizing it. My reference was another vendor.