Would you buy a 12-14 year old Integrated?

My local dealer has a McIntosh 6900 integrated amp for sale from original customer.  I'd like to know if you would be comfortable buying a model that is 12-14 years old and if SS equipment can lose SQ over time?  The price is right and I've wanted to try McIntosh.  Not really a post about the love or hate of McIntosh, but whether vintage gear can still be quality.  I'd like it to be my last Integrated purchase.  

On a side note, the price is right, but that said, for about $800 more, I could get into the MA7900.  What are your thoughts?
128x128dhpeck
Amplifier design has matured a long time ago, so new is not necessarily better. I have three power amplifiers. A Quad 303 from 1970, a Quad 405-2 from about 1992 and a Quad 606-2 from a bit later again. All sound absolutely fine, even if the bigger power output of the later models gives a cleaner sound with more dynamic music. And all have been completely refurbished. The important components here are the large electrolythic capacitors. These do degrade with time, and that can make for a slightly less dynamic perfomance. Most importantly, however, if they fail you may have an expensive disaster on your hands. So I would insist that these are replaced. Doing so every 10-15 years is good practice.
No. Aging caps is a serious problem especially recently where manufacturing moved from Japan to China.
Yes especially from a top brand. I could rebuild it 
WITH MUCH HIGHER QUALITY PSRTS.