My review of the Spatial M3 Turbo S open baffle speaker is finally live...

My review of the Spatial M3 Turbo S open baffle speaker is right here. Enjoy!
rebbi
I have the Spatial M3 Triode Masters and they absolutely smoked my Vandersteen 3A signatures (with the latest carbon driver)
and also handily beat Goldenear Triton ones both of which I sold. 
To each his own I guess, with regard to what people want out of a high end speaker, I am completely on board with open baffle speakers like the M3s. We are seeing some exciting things with speakers the last few years, especially Spatial audio.
I even would even compare  them to Magicos !!

"In that spirit, consider the rest of this review an object lesson in what you may be missing out on if you become a little too certain of the truth of various, high-end audio orthodoxies "

Amen brother.

The best rules to go by in the case of sound quality is usually the laws of Physics and their application for reproducing sound.

So are you keeping the Krell? If not I’d consider giving Class D another go.

I’ve been considering higher efficiency speakers for use in my sun room with BEl Canto C5i (60w/ch). Spatial is a top consideration. A few have been up for sale here. WAF is a big factor. My wife thinks my old OHm Ls (~89 db efficiency) in there currently are ugly and would not object were I to replace them with something prettier.

I could put the sleeker Triangle Titus in there again but would have to add a sub.  Cheaper option probably.

Every speaker I use with the c5i sounds the best ever, within its 60w/ch limits of course.
For what it’s worth, my Spatial sound best to me with integrated Tubes. Using a Primaluna with Mullards in the preamp and stock EL34s or I also used a Cronus Magnum II. Both amazing with these speakers and a Ayre Codex or Yggy dac.

also- tried Hegel 300 and Peachtree Nova300. Both Sounded great, but to my ears I prefer the Tube integrateds.

TJ

@reubent I am not 100% sure that Clayton has a showroom, but I wouldn't be surprised if he did have a place where someone could listen. Best thing would be to give him a call – he likes talking to current and prospective customers.
@winefix Thanks for the feedback, this is interesting to know. I am leaning toward an integrated amp, simply because I like the simplicity and convenience at this point. There was a time when I had  a pair of mono-block power amps, a separate preamp, a DAC and a CD transport.  One day I realized that I had to flip six or seven power switches just to play a CD, and I got tired of it. ;-)
I never thought I would go back to a solid-state amplifier, EVER. But I'm toying with the idea now seeing how much happier the M3 Turbo S sounds with plenty of current. We'll see…