Video Question: Plazma or LCD???

Hi, I know we mainly enjoy talking about audio, but I may have to buy a TV soon. I am confused. I feel I am very knowledgeable on audio (thanks to many helpful people on this site), but I don't know squat about video.

I thought I had made up my mind to get a Sony LCD. But I recently saw a Pioneer Plazma and the color looked better than anything I had looked at in LCD's.

Which is better? I have been told that Pioneer is making the best HD TV's on the market today. Any opinions will be appreciated. Has anyone compared the Pioneer Plazma to the Sony LCD?
slowhand
Blackstonejd -

"From what I've seen, there is Pioneer Elite and then there is all the rest."

I completely agree, but a close runner up are the panasonic plasmas. They are much cheaper, and look almost as good.

I read an in depth article in a HT mag where a panel of people reviewed the best plasmas, LCDs and DLPs, and the results were unanimous. Pioneer is on top, with Panasonic a close 2nd. Everyone preferred a Pio 720P plasma to ANY 1080P LCD or DLP.

Resolution has become marketing. 1080p is a nice check in the box, but it is nowhere near the most important thing in a TV (projection is a dif. story IMO)
I have personally attended the launching of Pioneer Plasma Kuro and I have to admit that, this is the best TV available in the market today. You won't believe what you see because it's so obviously sticking out of the competition. The black level and the speaker they are using are far better than the competitors. The downside is, you will have to spend more for this Kuro.
Does anyone know if the picture lasts longer on a LCD tv than it does on a Plasma tv? I have heard that the picture on a Plasma dulls over the years. Is this true of LCD's?

I am considering 2 tv's:

Pioneer 42" Plasma $1599.00
Sony 46" LCD $1978.00

Don't really need the larger screen as I sit about 7 to 8 feet from the tv.
I second everything BLUUOFF said. Pioneer Kuro models are excellent TVs, they have no peers at this time. No mater what you get, budget a few extra $$$ for professional calibration - you'll find the picture vastly improved, especially when you use it quite a bit. It won't sear your eyeballs with the oversaturated color settings as they come from the factory, though the factory settings of the Kuros are better than most. The 60" will be my next display by the end of this year.