Led Zeppelin II

Greetings and Happy Halloween. I would like to get some suggestions on a good version on Vinyl of Le Zeppelin II. Bought the latest release of 4 and it has no bass at all. Thanks and best regards. 
pivetta
Haven’t heard it -of II. My second japanese press of 1 is special, and not crazy money, but I can’t make the leap of faith from that to a japanese pressing of II.
I thought the Jimmy Page sanctioned reissues from a few years ago were great for people who wanted clean playing copies--but they sounded vey sterile to me. I only bought the first three, listened to them in comparison to some other copies, and eventually, they went out the door with about 5-7000 other records before I moved.
As to the 45s, you’ve already got my comments and mike lavigne’s. Generally, those were only available as part of the complete road case, which is now stupid money, and some individual albums here and there from The Music and/or Hobson and a few third party vendors, including test pressings and the like, also pricey.

on a related note, Chris Huston, one of the engineers of LZII, designed my room. i listened to LZII with him during the project, in my temporary room. he had a few stories to tell......

he loved my tt back then.

Don't know the 45 rpm. I have Atlantic's 1969 pressing and I can get by with it.

I take it back. I am listening to it for the first time in years and it's lousy -- a case of distance making the heart grow fonder.

@notesaddict- it all depends on which pressing, who mastered, what plant. If you read the deadwax, that will tell you. Atlantic actually put the code for the plants on the labels themselves. The one people tend to chase is the RL mastered one, which got pulled b/c it was too 'hot.'
The Monarch pressings tend to be bombastic to begin with- Monarch being a relatively small plant that was owned by the same people that owned Sonic on the east coast and Buddha records. Even though these were not considered top of the heap companies in their day, the Monarchs have a real following now, but the quest usually starts on LZII, at least for old pressings, with the RL masterings, which are evident from his inscription in the deadwax.