Ohm Walsh speakers; Anyone have any experience

I have been interested in the Ohm Walsh drivers, and their uniformly positive reviews, and omnidirectional nature. Does anyone have enough exposure to these to provide a critical assessment? Happy listening, D
dmason
I have a set of Ohm F's in my main SS system driven by phase inverted Dynaco 416s operating as monoblocks (@1000wpc at 6 ohms) they are the clearest and fastest speakers I have ever had with the least amount of hash. No great in the bass dept. but not bad.

I have a set of Walsh 2s in a bedroom system and they work great with their omni directional qualities. This is a mid-fi system that sounds quite nice. Being driven by 100wpc.SS receiver.
Zorpman: As you may be aware, i have two sets of Ohm F's. Not to side-track this thread, but i'd love to compare notes with you regarding your installation / experiences with the F's. We can do this publicly on this forum so that others can read our notes and possibly contribute to or learn from our experiences or talk privately via email. Personally, i would prefer to do it publicly as i think it provides a greater amount of resources for those interested in these rare and relatively "odd-ball" speakers or other designs that share similar attributes.

Other than that, i was going to post a link to a website that was dedicated to Walsh driver based speaker systems, but it appears that the web address is no longer valid. It was interesting if for no other reason than to see a pair of A's and F's. Sean
>
I would be interested in any sonic differences between the original conical design and the newer "can" iteration. References alluding to 'extremely high instrument resolution,' means to me that these may be excellent prospects for high resolution, high current, impedance indifferent, digital amplifiers.
Sean,

I have had my F's for about 5 years. Bought used in great condition with new surrounds. I have found (as have most people I've talked to) that they are mommoth power hogs. I was powering them with a single Dynaco 416 (300 wpc into 6 ohms)(w/C-100 capacitor bank) but found that they did not sing. I added a Van Alstine phase-inverter and another 416 (with C-100)and the F's really opened up.

I have heard that the F's "ring like a bell" but that is not my experience. They seem very controlled (may be the massive amps)and precise.

Again, they do not have thundering bass but down to about 40hz they are tight and fast.