What 2 channel Amp would you Buy for $6k?

I plan on spending no more than $6k for power amp (tube or SS), but would like to hear from others what amp they’d get. I’ve done plenty of research, but honestly, I’m burn’t out and now would like to hear from others.
roddyboy
No, I'm not trying to change the presentation, I just want as much information as possible. With so many being sold i thought someone would bring up the issues surrounding this MC501 mono-bloc. 

Anyways I bought a brand new Mc501 mono bloc for 4750. I want to thank everyone because believe it or not, I researched at least 40% of what was suggested, but when it came down to it, my decision came from everyones feedback and what I read and researched online. I may have overpaid a little bit, but it was under the $6k I thought I'd pay, so I'm happy.  

What sold me on the Macintosh was the information I took from Mc501 owners on this discussion and what I read online. Consistently, the reviews describe this AMP as being warm and full bodied with tube like sonic character. It does say the tonal balance is a little dark, but I doubt I'll notice. On a lot of the music played, it described hearing the drums beating a little harder and you feel it.

I could go on and on, but In a nutshell, my decision was made base on these questions; What company has been in business longer than McIntosh? What products have a better reputation for reliability? What products have a better resale value? What products have a higher Wife Acceptance Factor? And what speaker can this amp not drive? And let’s not forget, its easy to enjoy music with these things. It is for these reasons that the MC501s represent the lowest risk audio purchase one can make. It's the total package! THANKS EVERYONE, REALLY, THANK YOU EVERYONE!
That's probably true, but let me ask you something. What do you think about Mcintosh products compared to Are and Rowland?
If you can have anything, I'd definitely opt for  Classe DR3 VHC. They only made around 180 of them and they're hard to find, but usually go for c. $3K unserviced and $5K serviced.

They will run absolutely any speaker ever made, including 1 ohm speaker killers like the Apogee Scintilla with 1 ohm impedance.  Only 45 watts but they are Class A watts and if you need more power, buy two and bridge them.

The only other amp I'd go for are almost impossible to find - Levinson ML-2.
Nobody can recommend an amp by itself without knowing your sonic preferences and the rest of your chain from source to speakers. Ignore any and all advice from those who do. And, if you want good advice, then provide this info.
ljgm is exactly right. 
We are living in a golden age of hi-fi and there are ... what? 20 amps? 30 amps? that would suit your needs.  All info would be good, but to fine-tune the options at an absolute minimum you should include your speakers.  In fact the amp/speaker combination can be seen as a single unit ... active speakers anyone. 
(I am running Pass Xxxx.8 at the moment.  If you can live with its downsides of the .8 - weight, heat, warm-up time then it will drive almost any speakers in almost any room.)