pc computer used under $500.00 for music only

Looking for used pc computer (laptop or desktop) for music only... through main system... any thoughts

Thanks
zoot45
And also keep in mind that it is quite possible to get a very capable brand new laptop for that kind of money. Check out BestBuy, NewEgg, TigerDirect for great deals on new equipment...

-RW-
Depending on the horsepower you need you can get a nice Atom based PC for less than $500. Zotac makes nice ones. Atom processors with hardware acceleration can easily handle 1080p movies let alone high res FLAC files. I personally use two of them for my audio though I will be making a CAPS in the near future for my main listening room where I want the best sound quality.
The PC is easy with that budget. I got an Acer Aspire, put in an SSD 250gb drive and downgraded to windows 7. Final move was to buy Jriver. There went $500.

However, I spent almost as much on a DAC with USB input. Your system will only be as good as the signal coming out of the PC. If you have a desktop, you could install a good soundcard. However, I really don't think there is a soundcard I would buy over my Schiit Bifrost.

The other option is to get an SPIDF adaptor (Music Fidelity V Link) to convert USB to digital and then go into your digital input in your system (if you have one)
Asus EEE Box with the Atom processor. About the size of a router and no fan. Strip down the software to minimum and install Fidelizer.