Reference disc player...UDP 205 or Marantz?

Hey guys....
I've decided to take the plunge, and get my last reference disc player--at least for a very long time--and I'm looking for opinions on the subject.
I really wanted to get the Marantz SA-14S1, it sounds fantastic for sure, but I started to read all the glowing reviews on the Oppo UDP-205. Is it just hype, or the real thing? Is the Oppo really that rare piece of equipment that punches that far above its price? Who here has listened to the oppo and/or the Marantz? How do they compare? 
Thanks! 
jonasandezekiel
MY arrogance? Maybe you didn't read some of the responses to my original post. I was asking for advice. I wasn't looking to hear what a load of garbage the players I could afford were. I'm totally chill. Just a couple bad apples are making it a bad experience. 

Actually, I had a couple of very good conversations with you in the past. So no shade thrown your way whatsoever.
So, what I'm hearing is, that the Marantz and the Oppo are just plain okay, nothing special. Ok then...what IS a reference player? I'm open to suggestions. 
One thing to consider might be going the modded player route. Modwright can modify either the Marantz SA8005 or the Oppo 205.
I have the modded Marantz player and its really quite impressive and
when you factor in the cost, even more so.
Thanks for that cmach. You're the second person to recommend a modwright player. I may look into that because it may be the most cost effective way to get into upper tier players.
I just checked out the modwright website. Holy Christmas! 2495.00 for a mod of either the oppo or the marantz 8005. I'm sure it's awesome, but wow. I don't think I can afford the Oppo mod, because it will end up costing about 3700.00 total, and I can't justify that. But the marantz 8005 could be a possibility.