Power Cords

I currently have Wireworld Silver Electra power cords with upgraded Platinum plugs. I had two 1M Wireworld Platinum power cords, but rearranged my system and required longer cords. Yesterday I borrowed two Shunyata Sigma NR power cords. On the first note my wife softly said, "that sounds better". She said it was clearer. I listened for a couple hours, changing the power cords a couple of times. In my system and to my ears this is my conclusion:
The Sigma's are cleaner, definitely has more bass, a dead silent and completely black background. The Wireworld cords are more detailed, with a wider soundstage and better spacing/separation of instruments. All things considered I'll keep my Wireworld, but I'm curious to listen to other power cords.
After inserting the Sigma's I just don't understand how anyone that listened to different power cords could conclude that they can't hear a difference. There is a difference, but like any other component the individual has to decide if the change is worth it. $6K for two power cords is relatively expensive. Expensive, but oddly maybe a good value? In my system there was a definite improvement with better bass impact and articulation. Would spending $6K or just changing amplifiers yield similar results? As with most components there are trade-offs...is there a power cord out there that has the benefits of the Sigma's and Wireworld Silver Electra's? If so, at what cost?  
ricred1
Since 2010 I said to Audioquest that competitors are better in powercables. For a perfectionist like me there is only one which counts. And that is the best one.

2nd best is for born losers in our world. We protect all our clients to the max. And we want them to receive the best quality possible. We don't care about a name.

I tested the Wel and Wild as well and they were not good enough. Based on 2 facts. They were to thin and silver soed not work that well for powercables.

They only cable I liked was the NRG-1000 with the new plugs. But I only used it for some powersupplies.

But the Hurricane is the same material as the NRG-1000. But it is 3 times as thick. And mann that creates a different league.

I also tested the new AQ conditioners, I don't like them. There are others which are better. When you compare the conditioners to the cables there is a difference in properties.

I am only interested in products which are able to reveal all details on which sound is being formed.

They are not good in individual focus, Shunyata products show exactly these kind of limitations.

Most people who have audio as a hobby have no idea on which parts sound is being founded. Then it is easy to buy products which are incomplete.

Most audio products are incomplete based on facts. We can proof this and demonstrate it very easily. We work by Tru-Fi and make all the systems of new clienst complete.

The first time when we audition an audiosystem of a new client it is always incomplete. I invite them or I send then to clienst who also own an audio system who can reveal all 8 parts of Tru-Fi.

It is very easy to understand what the differences are with your system. The level in emotion and intensity of each Tru-Fi audio system outperforms any audio system which is being created by trial and error.

Each single person on this planet prefers any sytem what can reveal more details and emotion compared to any incomplete system.

When you take a look inside the Marantz products you see the cheap parts. This proofs how limited they are. The company who does the technical support of Marantz in my country told me hoe poor the parts are they use.

I would highly caution everyone reading something like this to not automatically take this comment as a "fact".  For example, I have looked at the internals of the AV8802 processor and I have not seen any "cheap" components.  The Marantz does use a very slow op amp for I/V in the DAC section of the AV8802, which definitely contributes to the Marantz warm voicing.  However, the layout and design of the DAC board is excellent with a large number of localized power supply filter caps.  Of course, the caps could be upgraded to something like Nichicon Muse or Polymer (for digital), but you have to realize that this would significantly increased the retail cost of the product.  All the components I have seen are pretty good components. It is certainly not cheap components like Emotiva.

As you go up in the Marantz models, the more expensive units will use better components, but they are always voiced as "warm", which may or may not be what you are looking for.  It doesn't mean that Marantz is cheap or bad.  It is just the "Marantz voice".

As far as Calman 2017 goes, it is software used as a tool to help calibrate video displays.  The "calibration adjustments" are dependent on what is used to modify the video signal to make the display show proper colors.  The adjustment capability depends on the device.  The Marantz AVR may have some color adjustments available (hugh / saturation / white balance).  The display itself may have some.  These adjustment are usually not enough to give as good results as something like a Radiance video processor or another color cube correction device.

Thanks G. Too kind. I guess even a blind acorn will eventually find a squrrel . Although I've done the stringing biz, you are the one who said it.

When I hear something briefly the usual suspects are extension and how close or far apart from naturalness it sounds.

If the sound is sufficiently enticing I’ll be more attentive.

To test drive a new car I wanna buy I’m gonna want to do more than lolly gag around the parking lot, or circle the block with it.

Almost 100% of the time, a second or even third test drive over different roads or at higher speeds, will show me something new, very likely.

I’ve yet to meet the newly introduced system component that never chages its voice after the first day of operation.

Its like dating in some respects.

Perfect behavior on date one. More relaxed on Date two and a tad more familiar. By the tenth date, all bets are off and farting is allowed. Could be sooner than the tenth date, depends on if your’re dating a relative or not. Its best here to think ‘royalty’ not ‘red necks’. But whatever works for ya.

Yeah Rick, its all about what you enjoy. Always. I can’t see it another way actually.

Wires are components, and they are gonna change thru the course of several weeks as to how they sound. Unquestionably.

The only things I’ve found which do not seem to change at all are Isolation gear and room treatments. Neither of which passes electricity oddly enough.

Having the errant and quite annoying desire to buy speakers brand new when able, I can truthfully say if at all possible, DON’T DO THAT!!!! Ever! Lol

Some were very nice out of the box. Then demons infested them. Several weeks or months of prayer and fasting exorcised the demons and the speakers finally atoned for their sinful and sinfilled manners.

Read G’s accounts of his former amps and or speakers, or my own likewise reviews, or those who admit those items are not world class immediately upon connection.

I feel better now. An advisement has been made about the metamorphisis things passing AC DC or low voltage signals will ALL undergo.

The hot soundihng new prospect might be hot at first, until you later find out it was all foundation garments and spanks.

We gotta wait till the make up and well, whatever else comes off before handing them a ring, or kicking them to the curb.

Remember, merely stringing two different PCs together with a nice adapter will decidedly incorporate the attributes of both PCs into the mix. Guaranteed. It also saves from buying a custom quite lengthy and certainly pricey cord as well. Perhaps.

Looking forward to your notes and a satisfying quest.

Why not list your system in this post?

My 2-channel system: Monitor Audio PL 500 speakers, Jeff Rowland 625 S2 amplifier, Jeff Rowland Corus preamp, Antipodes DS GT music server, Chord Dave DAC , JL Audio F112 V2. All inter-connect cables are Wireworld Platinum. Speaker cable is Wireworld Silver Electra. With the exception of my sub, I have everything plugged into the Torus RM20 power conditioner. I use Shunyata wall outlets and my room is treated with GIK products. Everything sits on Stillpoints.
I use the Marantz and HT bypass on my Corus preamp to drive my fronts for surround sound when watching television and movies. I have a ATI 3-channel amp to drive my center and rears speakers.