New Yggdrasil - First (and second) Impressions

Okay, so I’ve finally (on order over 2 months) received my Schiit Yggdrasil. The unit arrived in exactly perfect condition (i.e. well packaged).

Upon first (and second) listening through all sources/inputs, I would need a stethoscope to discern any difference among my current components and connectivity. I also cannot detect any difference using the phase inversion button.

I suppose the aforementioned is a testament to how good my current system (before/without Yggy) already sounds. :)

I can easily A-B test because the Yggy is hooked in via balanced and my other components are also hooked directly to amp via RCA or USB.

Also, obviously I have NOT let the unit "burn in" for days because I just got it, however, it has come to full operational temperature after being powered on continuously over 24 hours.

System configuration: (Yggdrasil > XLR > Musical Fidelity M6si integrated amplifier > Golden Ear Triton Reference speakers )
all cables blue jeans cables "best" offering

Emotiva ERC-3 CD player > AES/EBU > Yggdrasil
Oppo UDP-205 blue ray player > coax > Yggdrasil
Samsung SMT-C5320 cable box > optical > Yggdrasil
Gateway NV79 Windows 10 64-bit computer > USB > Yggdrasil

I’ll be patient, but if there are any suggestions to "try" in order to hear *some* audible difference, that would be great. Appreciate any feedback you have.

Thanks.
128x128gdhal
What I'm also finding a bit peculiar here is the Yggy has a phase inversion button. The manual states to use whatever one of the two possible settings (on/off) sounds best. Even that I'm finding difficult to discern any difference. In that case, besides "normal" music passages, I am using a Denon Audio Technical CD that has an in and out of phase track. I'll be doing some more "critical" listening/evaluation later today.

Again, I appreciate everyone's comments, advice, etc. Thank you.
OP >
From the Robert Harley account on this unit in The Absolute Sound mag…
http://www.theabsolutesound.com/articles/schiit-audio-yggdrasil-dac/
“I decided to let it sit in my rack, powered up, for a full month before revisiting it”.

Citing the TAS article, possibly too the Computer Audiophile review, I suppose it could not hurt to increase the audition window by asking for a couple more weeks to ensure a proper decision can be made and see what happens.

RE A - B
To be purely pedantic, an A/B cmp is not really being accomplished. Unless, the perspective is interconnects do not matter or do nothing to influence the audio signal.

Comparison ‘A’ uses RCA or XLR and two different file types including mechanical rotation with optical conversion to analog. So this is not a identical comparison.

Comp B uses USB PLUS XLR (or whatever interface is connecting it to the Y DAC) again, not an honest comparison.
Anything coming out of the Y DAC is going to have to include one more interface at least, AES, TOS, SPDIF, or USB any of which on its own merits will or can, alter the sound. .

Its not a huge leap to improve upon BJ wires. I’ve been there and done that myself. Audio Art, Micro Pearl, are two very affordable ICs which well surpass the BJ wires. Especially the Micro Pearls @ $60 pr.

Accounts for other USB wires is here:
Massive USB Comparison Test
June 20, 2016 / Accessories
http://passionforsound.lachlanfennen.com/massive-usb-comparison-test/

I’d say too, each interface or connection needs to get some hours on it or them at least, just to be certain these connectors have seen electricity or signals.

Many pieces of kit I’ve owned even when well run in did not perform at their best right after being turned on. Normally it took 30 – 60 minutes for the sound to get to its subjective best. Mostly around 40 – 45mins. Preamps, amps, DAC, CDPs, wires, power conds, speaker drivers, X over electronics, etc.

If the Y DAC does pass audio from the Samsung CATV box, I’d just leave it on to feed the Y DAC, or choose an internet radio . ch and use that to feed the Y DAC for the next 10 - 12 days changing channels or genres now and then.

I’ve not seen ‘break in’ discs or files demonstrate their worthiness previously. They do however show their need for unduly wearing the disc spinner’s electronics, optics, and mechanics. I would need a disposable CDP to use any ‘break in’ disc. Certainly not my ‘go to’ player.

Here is an A’gon link for checking out one’s DAC using different resolutions and formats of the same file.
“Test your DAC! Free Format Comparison”
https://forum.audiogon.com/discussions/test-your-dac-free-format-comparison

Another link here for various popular USB cables. It’s a 2013 account but many of these models are available today from $15 to $$$.

https://www.google.com/search?source=hp&q=usb+digital+audio+cable+review&oq=usb+digital+audi...
ab..1.1.99.0...0.f5MjYjJXaLE

a close friend of mine bought a less expensive model from the same company. He said it took a pretty long while for it to rise from sort of plain sounding to becoming a lot more impressive.

I’m nearly certain this initiation process will come out quite well. If it comes out according to your own taste, is another matter entirely. Just perusing the threads here on A’gon ‘ many folks sure seem to like this piece.

Your input here could show the actual transformation of the unit from stone cold to well opened, if you keep posting updates.

Again, luck to you.

as for phase inversion.... I'm thinking that too will come along showing better as time passes.
@blindjim 

Thank you so much for your detailed and obviously well thought out response. I shall heed your advice (and that of some others). 
When I replaced my Jeff Rowland Aeris DAC with the Dave,  there was an obvious difference from the first note. Yesterday, I replaced my Wireworld power cords with Shunyata Sigma,  again from the first note there is an obvious difference.