KEF LS50... The ultimate anal-ytical speaker for living rooms?

I am looking for a VERY revealing with razor-sharp imaging type of bookshelf,  but not the cost of TOTAL loss of musicality.... In other words, not necessarily full range, but at least balanced - not something that starts to roll-off at 200hz... They would be listened to mid-field, 6-7ft away in a somewhat open space.  Could it be the ls50, or is there anything else around their price-point? Thx for suggestions...
128x128chrisr
@kalali

Agreed. I've heard them a number of times and mostly with Parasound gear. The more expensive gear made them sing ($6-8k if I remember right) and the lower-priced lower-powered gear struggled and they produced only mediocre sound.
Thank you guys for your input... Even the q100s are so revealing, i can't imagine what it is with  the ls50s... I'll make sure to audition at home after i addition with matching gear at a dealer.
If you find the q100 thin you will find the LS50s to be thin as well. You will need to move up to the 6.5 woofer and larger cabinet of the R300...or pair with a sub. 
I may be in the minority, but I don't find LS50's to be very analytical, in fact, compared to other monitors I think they color the sound slightly as to add a slight sweetness to everything. Perhaps an active monitor would suit your needs better. I also agree with the ATC SCM11 recs as they are a more accurate sounding monitor to me. Another option could be one of the Amphion monitors. 
We have a pr of B stock LS-50 factory sealed with full warranty 
they were used at the CEDIA show and repacked by KEF 
for $999.00 for the pair plus shipping ...piano black 
good listening
stephen
www.questforsound.com