Which Budget Friendly Floorstanders Next?

I just let go of my Monitor Audio Silver 6's and am in the market for something new.  I am aware that some of these might not fill the 6's shoes, but I really just want to try something new, something fresh, and something different.

Here are the options:

KEF Q700
Wharfedale 10.7 (Cheapest Option)
Focal Chorus 716
ELAC Uni-Fi U5 Slim

Thoughts?  Suggestions?
10000_hz_legend
Capacitors can be part of every filter, hi, low and band-pass filters.

In the tweeter section, yes, they block bass, preventing damage and ensuring the tweeters operate only within the range they were designed for. Operating below this range would not only be dangerous, but also create tremendous distortion.

Having "more" or "brighter" tweeters is not always better. If you wanted to make a mod like that you should reduce series resistance. But that’s not what I am suggesting.

I certainly don’t think the MKP’s will "britghten" them but smooth and warm them up tremendously, as well as give you tons and tons of low level detail.

Focal’s are IMHO also guilty of this sin, and mods to them I have made with Mundorf MKP’s were always worthwhile.

I don't think the Mundorf MKP's are the best by any means, but they are very good, inexpensive, and less objectionable to my ears than some higher end models.

Best,

E

Thanks Erik,

I will definitely look into it, but ultimately I would like an overall change.  All of the above mentioned speakers have their own intrigue.  I wish, like most of you, that I could try them all.  The Revels, Tannoy, B&W, PSB, Monitor Audio, KEF...  Line them all up one by one in my own living room and hear them all shine.  Instead I have to filter out which will certainly not work for me, then audition whatever is left, if I even can. 
What is it about the MA silvers that you’d really wish to improve upon?

I think the $2k range will just lead you in circles, especially with the ubiquitous 2.5 way floor standers from the usual suspects. Long term, you’ll be much better off saving $4k and then buying a used pair of speakers that originally retailed for $8K, or buying a $4k pair of new speakers, or maybe trying the factory direct brands that cut out the dealer.

I haven’t heard the Tekton DIs, but based on all the claims, I wouldn’t be surprised if they far surpass your current considerations at only $800 over your $2k limit.

If you’re dead set on something from Revel and similar brands, I think the Performa F206 is very difficult to beat. With enough negotiating, they can be had for about $2600.
Erik, out of curiosity, does the rule of better (brand) capacities to improve the SQ apply to all speaker brands that you have owned/tested or it's something unique about the two specific brands you listed? It just seems like a no brainer given the investment. Also, do you recommend the same values for replacements or that also is brand/model dependent? Thanks and sorry if a bit off topic.
Kalali,

It's very specific. :) To be honest, not everyone agrees with me regarding Mundorf MKP's, so it's also a bit personal.

Brands I know which benefit are Focal, Wharferdale and old Thiel.

Focal and Thiel seem to have used Solen's. Wharferdale generics. Focal uses re-branded caps, but are still apparently Solen.

It also depends on what the original maker uses. B&W had a line of 2 identical speakers, the only difference was the quality of the crossover cap. $8 cap added $300 to price.

In the top-end, B&W uses mid-range Mundorfs. Magico uses only top-end Mundorfs, and lots of them.

Personally, I prefer Clarity Capacitor house sound to Mundorf. Certainly if you buy a Magico, and immediately want to trade caps, there's something seriously wrong with you. :)

But with working-joe speakers (like I can afford)  and the brands mentioned above, these are worthwhile experiments.

Best,

E