Vibration Issues / Turntable Decisions

Currently have a Thorens TB-150 which is upgraded to about the fullest extent (Cardas Wiring, New Walnut Plinth, MusicHall Cruise Control 2.0, Rega RB220 Arm, Ortofon 2M Bronze). With that being said, my table is plagued with skips if you all but tip-toe in the room. One of those things that just gets on my nerves. So I have been looking around for a mass-loaded TT.

Is changing to a ClearAudio Performance or MusicHall 9.3 really going to make a different in the skipping?
Any feedback on the Goldring Eroica LX Cart?
Are there any tables to be looking at?

Thanks!

-Ron
hifiron
The problem with your turntable is not the up/down movement of the table, but the rocking left/right.  If you try the fixing to the wall as I described above, I am confident you will be happy with the results.  If you aren't remove the wood, if you used the turnbuckle, plaster the wall and move on to solve the problem in another way.  My suggestion has many times worked for those with your issue.
I’d opine it’s a little more complicated. The resonant frequencies of tonearm, cartridge and platter which are circa 10-12 Hz means they’re liable to be affected by seismic I.e., low frequency vibrations including, but certainly not limited to, those produced by footfall, subways, traffic, and Earth crust motion. In addition, this seismic vibration is in six (count em!) directions, including horizontal plane and vertical and a bunch of rotational directions. Therefore, the walls are moving too. The whole house is moving in all 6 directions! You can run but you can’t hide. Everything is relative so for trampoline floors the wall might very well be better than the floor. But there’s really no substitute for real vibration isolation, i.e., decoupling.

Here are the facts:

The Op initially said the wall mount was ("out of consideration").

Based upon his use of an antiquated console, (which I presumed to be of importance) most here seem to want him to remodel it and affix to the wall. I can only assume his wall is out of consideration as far as hanging stuff on it?

These "initial words" by the OP and the fact that most want to hang onto their money led me to my recommendations.

His set-up is  probably the worst possible scenario. Not only does he have the worst possible scenario for room construction but he has his TT set up in the worst location... right behind a speaker, and then right between the two speakers.

He initially said he was looking for a mass loaded TT.

The main question is, why am I still posting here?

just saw the OP posting about his belt slippage.

Have we’ve been had!

Last time I'll try to help.......