PrimaLuna Dialogue Premium Preamplifier. DESTROYS SPEAKERS!!

A few months ago, bought TWO of the above mentioned preamps. ( I have 2 stereo systems)
Within 6 weeks of the purchase, the power supply of my speakers burns out!
I purchase and replace the power supply.
Three days later, the second newly replaced power supply is burnt out!
After much investigative work and heartache, I discover that the Pre amp is the problem.
It is defective and puts out DC. which burns out speakers.
After, testing the second unit, I find that it is defective as well, EXACTLY the same problem.
I return the units to my dealer, who returns them to Prima Lune.

I received a phone call from a Mr. Kevin Deal, big cheese at PrimaLuna.
Told me that the capacitors, on BOTH units had failed and the units were putting out DC.
He even THANKED me, for being a guinea pig, and discovering the flaw in his units.

He offered me a pair of tubes, as "compensation" for my troubles!! What a joker!!

WOW, a pair of tubes for blowing my $30,000. speakers!!

The height of arrogance and total disregard for the consumer of his product.
To all audiophiles, do yourself a favour, STAY AWAY for this brand, unless you want your speakers cooked.

TOTAL lack of quality control, MADE IN CHINA junk, what more needs to be said.

Mr. Deal, WAKE UP, and STOP selling defective products!!

If, you are using PrimaLuna, and your speakers fail, check the amp or pre amp.

George

Montreal, Quebec, Canada.
thorloki
@linnlingo - 10 years ago, I might have agreed with you, but in the last 10 years, Chinese manufacturing has come a long way. They are starting to really make fine quality electronics, especially if the parent companies are keeping a close eye on the QA. For example, I was skeptical when Bushnell moved it’s manufacturing to China. My Bushnell JOLT golf rangefinder (not cheap) has been working perfectly for the last 4 years. I recently bought a Chinese made reference level discrete ladder R2R DAC from Denafrips (Terminator) and it is an excellent example of great workmanship. The build and sound quality is top notch. Try to keep your mind open. In my view, Chinese made is where audiophiles are finding the best deals in audio. Remember companies like Lampizator, that make their stuff in Poland, it’s not like Poland is a manufacturing haven for electronics. Get over it, I did....just my view.
Nycjlee, methinks the post by Linnlingo was a clever mixture of sarcasm and humor, considering that The Great Wall of China has lasted for many hundreds of years, and I believe in some places for thousands of years. :-)

Regards,
-- Al

almarg Exactly. The great artistic works of China go toe to toe w/anything built in the west. 
@fsonicsmith

Where was your GTI made - Mexico?

I drive a 2017 Golf R that was made in Germany and so far not a single issue in six months. I was a bit nervous given all the reports in the press about VW but this car is as solid as any vehicle I have ever owned except for perhaps my 20 year-old Toyota Land Cruiser that is totally indestructible and unbelievably problem free.

"But now the problem is not of Chinese origin but a high-end problem from diverse artisanal producers."

Yes this is always an issue with very small production runs. A multitude of manufacturers and designers with a bell curve of design quality. The safest approach is to go widely used reputable pro studio gear as these companies tend to test products more thoroughly before release, and they do not lightly risk tarnishing their reputation. It is one thing to have your personal home toys break down but if your equipment that you and a dozen others need to do your daily job is faulty then you are more likely to be super frustrated and never buy from that manufacturer again.